Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The Gunner's in Deep Do Do!!

Sounds like you want to be a nice guy Gunner. I say, more power to ya. The world is perilously short on nice guys. Ubermacho, thoughtless jerks are a dime a dozen.

Everyone trips over their words once in awhile. No matter what, if you are sincere, you'll likely get your point across.

Quote:
I THINK WH is the Only Fool Who thinks with NO EMOTION when he runs his mouth

Nope, we all do!

And Gunner, if the baby is ulgy than so be it. And I agree with gato, don't give in by buying crap. It's just starts the train in motion; a train hard to stop. Talk about it and then press forward.

Just tell her you didn't mean she NEEDED to lose weight. You were just making conversation and you meant to say you two spent so much time together and you enjoyed every minute of dining with her and getting to know her more.
After all you are a guy and we guys just say whatever comes to our mind. IF that doesn't work then let her go.

Nemont

Is she in need to drop a few pounds?? Just tell her she looks fine but you worry that if we keep going at this rate we will be overwheight before a few years are over. Its good to stay slim rather than have to get fat and have to try and lose it.
I am sorry but if a woman cannot take critisism (honest and truthful) you will have to deal with her self bitching when she finds herself unhappy with the way she looks.
I blew up at my wife one time saying i want her to loose a few pounds not because i want her to, but because i cannot take the crabbing and bitch she becomes every time she gets mad when she looks in the mirror at herself. Bottom line is if she is unhappy with how she looks be honest and offer her support to lose some. do it with her as a team if you both are getting fat. dont lie, its also for both of your health. Heart disease is the #1 killer of women die to being fat and underactive.
Hell, take her elk hunting and use a cattle prod to get her up the hills! ;) Just kiddin

Ain't that the truth! Funny though, how talking about weight gets you less of it though. :D

I actually saw nothing wrong with what Gunner said... I agree he does not need to buy her anything either.... While Robert can say stupid, insensitive things it is his BIGGEST Flaw... I was mad at him for being insensitive this weekend and when I read his post I snapped.

When he runs his mouth and I express how I feel, not by yelling but by talking to him he always apologizes. I would rather have an apology from his heart then a gift.... He does not usually just apologize and leave it at that, he usually apologizes and works on not doing it again… he will slip from time to time but for the most part I know it is not his intention to hurt my feelings.

I say Give me a Kiss and a Hugg and make Love to me, and you will be blessed with another day with me!

P.S. Besides if your overweight you do not need Junk food and flowers just die!!!!

I don't mean to argue with you O'Chick but this "don't buy my love attitude" has gotten out of hand today. I am annoyed with it. The concept that flowers just die...sure they do. But think for a minute and remember how you felt the last time someone got you flowers "just because"? It is a lost art.

I remember two times specifically when I recieved flowers and they meant so much to me. Once, and I'm going to embarrass him here, Moosie brought me flowers for my birthday. I was a teenager and my birthday has a tendency to get lost anyway since it is Christmas Eve. On top of that I had to work that day. It made me feel terrific and I remember it to this day. Another time when I had just started dating my now husband, I went on a work training trip. It was miserable. I had opted to drive up with a coworker who treated me like crap during the entire trip. Just for instance she asked me to drive her to a "friend's" house at one point. When she got back in the car she started doing lines of coke right in my front seat. Later she proceded to throw up all over our shared bathroom (because of the drugs no doubt). I was in hell. When I finally got back home what was waiting for me but a dozen gorgeous red roses. It was like a breath of fresh air had just blown away the entire miserable week.

And for all you cheap bastards out there, you know for a fact that your local grocery store has blooms for $2-3.

So yeah flowers may look like you are buying someones love to some politically correct modern psychoanalyst, but give me the 50's any day. When bringing flowers was just an expression of love and the reciever reveled and glowed in the simple wonder of the act.

P.S. I like white daisies. :D

Tell her to put on some more weight...that you always had a "fantasy' of "porking" a Big Fat Chick... [reverse physco]

Here ya go Mo'!

daisy.gif
daisy.gif
daisy.gif
daisy.gif

;)

cjcj said:
Tell her to put on some more weight...that you always had a "fantasy' of "porking" a Big Fat Chick... [reverse physco]

hey CJCJ are you speaking from experience.. :D

I think it is just me that do not care for flowers to much. I know in general Women love flowers but I am not really a flower person I guess. When I got them it was not that big of a deal.... It is Nice to get a Gift but all I am saying it is not required!

You BIG D*&M DU**Y!!!!!! What am I going to do with you?!?!?!?! Yes, this is your bro...ooppps I shouldn't admit that after reading this thread.

Awww y'all see how easy that is? :D Marv those are great! Right now my desktop is a waving field of daisies. Man I'm such a girl. :D

Damn!! Two pages already?!?

Seem's I struck a nerve. Y'all been down this road before.... haven't ya!!! :p

Well, as an update.

I was NOT being mean spirited. It actually came out accidently, and out of the context from the which she took it. PMS was involved too. :wank:

I've sent one message each morning and called once. The call was pretty cold, and no response to the e-mails.

Personally I think it's pretty much highschool sh!$ and I'd expect a tadddddd more mature response from a 'woman' nearing 50! And a couple of you are thinking as I am: Is this what I have to look forward to everytime I slip an innocent comment? That's no way to live a relationship, as far as I'm concerned. Been thru the emotional balckmail once.......(read EX).

I'll do one more honest apology attempt, but communication that has to go both ways. "Know whut I mean Vern.." ?????

I have another sneaking suspicion part of the issue is timing. You say this comment popped out AFTER a "wonderful weekend"? I will give you a little hint into the psyche of women. We dig those wonderful weekends too, right up until the point when it is obviously the end of the weekend and the guy suddenly decides well that was fun, I got what I want, now I don't have to treat you nice anymore. I don't even think any of you realize that you do this. :rolleyes: It is the emotional equivalent of rolling over and going to sleep. Not all men are like this obviously, but it happens enough that there is a tiny little fear of it in the back of our heads.

Possibly this helped fuel the anger. She saw it as post-coital rejection.

The thing is, if you apologize sincerely and it still gets no reaction well you are right, maybe it isn't worth the trouble. I have a sneaking suspicion though if you show her you're a nice guy - and really are a nice guy, she'll get over it.

Now here is the best hint so far: Give her a link to this page. What does a woman like better in this world than to know you care enough about her to actually think through your relationship? How could she not appreciate that you were so upset with the fact that she was upset with you, that you asked your friends for help. If I was her, this would bowl me over!

Yea, give her a link to this page, that will clear things up!! Ha Ha!

Dude, if she can't get over a little slip up, then forget her. I shure wouldn't chase her all over hell trying to apologize for a slip up. There's too many women in the world, and she didn't invent p***y.

Daym Canoe....

Well Men will always have slip Ups! So will women it is Human Nature! I would be over it in a few minutes.. But that is just me.... If you apolagized and meant it then it is not your problem, unless you have these slip ups on a regular basis......

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back