The first deer kill story for you

That was a great story..Thanks a lot!!!
And sorry about your uncle!!!
frown.gif

I was 9 years old and was out at my Grandparent's ranch over Christmas. I was asked if I wanted to get a deer. My Dad put me on a hay stack in the hay yard and put a beat 94 win. in 30-30 in my hands. He told me when I feel comfortable with a shot, take it and the deer will start showing up in an hour or two. He then left. The snow was falling and it was very cold. I was almost on the verge of tears I was so cold. A bunch of mulies started to move in and I forgot all about being cold. I shot a mulie doe that couldn't have been more than fifty feet away. I no more than shot and I could here the pickup coming my direction. My dad told me he was only going to show me how to field dress and butcher a deer once. After that, my Dad never hunted deer again, but told me when we needed one. Didn't know you needed a license to hunt deer till I was 13 or 14 years old. Didn't hunt with a scoped rifle until I was in my early twenties. First archery hunt was 14 years old, didn't get one till I was 17. Got a fork hork mulie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back