Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

The End

Have you responded to this topic?

• If you’ve sent a SINGLE moderator request regarding this topic…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delete your user account and renew membership to either crybaby.com or NAMBLA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true. It's like we've reached a point where what's effective communication for a politician is so dumb that intelligent people are trying to sound dumber. I've done plenty of poking fun at Katie Britt since her epic cringapalooza performance after the SOTU. It literally hurt to watch. But, I have no doubt that she sounds more intelligent if you just sit down and talk with her.
We have made TV and social media acumen mandatory requirements, when neither of them necessarily align with thoughtful intelligent decision making under pressure. We may need to move to a parliamentary system where you vote for party platforms and not the smiling idiot.

We have made TV and social media acumen mandatory requirements, when neither of them necessarily align with thoughtful intelligent decision making under pressure. We may need to move to a parliamentary system where you vote for party platforms and not the smiling idiot.
i have no doubt that social media is/has contributed to the divisive politics and ignorance of many people.

It often seems to me like we're doing both. Just imagine if we could vote for individuals, whose policies line up with our own, despite their party... Like, there could people who's positions didn't line up with one party or the other...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/lQbK11Bm3FPAskBk4r" width="480" height="320" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

It often seems to me like we're doing both. Just imagine if we could vote for individuals, whose policies line up with our own, despite their party... Like, there could people who's positions didn't line up with one party or the other...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/lQbK11Bm3FPAskBk4r" width="480" height="320" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>
The difference is typically in parliamentary systems you have more diverse options than just the big two. But in the end of the day no form of government can fix a stupid petty polarized society

No, Balkanization would be better. We could virtually eliminate NR hunting in Montana.

So true. It's like we've reached a point where what's effective communication for a politician is so dumb that intelligent people are trying to sound dumber. I've done plenty of poking fun at Katie Britt since her epic cringapalooza performance after the SOTU. It literally hurt to watch. But, I have no doubt that she sounds more intelligent if you just sit down and talk with her.
1710604499649.gif

Britt's performance was no worse than Biden's prevaricated Evelyn Wood teleprompter butchering.

Change my mind.

-Crowder

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back