Thats some bad PR

Some folks should not be hunting
Some folks won’t admit they can’t see as well as they used to. They are afraid if they admit It they will loose their license. By continuing to drive and not having accidents they get this false bravado that they can still do stuff.

Until they confuse a dog for a deer and shoot the owner.

This is definitely the hunters fault from the information we’ve been given. BUT, it’s deer season in Wisconsin. Most everyone with a pulse knows it’s a pretty busy time in the woods. Did she have permission to be on the property? Did she have her dog on a leash? Did she have bright clothes on? Was she being observant and aware of her surroundings? I feel like this lady could have tried harder to be safe.

I’m not trying to come off as an ass and apologizing for the guy. He obviously made a slew of errors, including not positively identifying his target, what’s in front of it and beyond. But I feel like this lady should have had a little more situational awareness.

What a dumba$$! Hopefully there’s some significant criminal charges.

This is definitely the hunters fault from the information we’ve been given. BUT, it’s deer season in Wisconsin. Most everyone with a pulse knows it’s a pretty busy time in the woods. Did she have permission to be on the property? Did she have her dog on a leash? Did she have bright clothes on? Was she being observant and aware of her surroundings? I feel like this lady could have tried harder to be safe.

I’m not trying to come off as an ass and apologizing for the guy. He obviously made a slew of errors, including not positively identifying his target, what’s in front of it and beyond. But I feel like this lady should have had a little more situational awareness.
You didn't come across bad at all. Now tell us how you believe women who get sexually assaulted shouldn't dress so provocatively.

It's funny you bring that up..last weekend was our first firearm season of the year. With so many yahoo jack wagons hunting around here anymore. Tons of them trespassing especially if the property is owned by an out of towner or investor. I was getting ready to walk in and thought to myself you know what I don't really feel safe anymore without a headlamp on to identify myself as a human even though I was the only one that had permission to be hunting that piece of private property that day. I've seen countless people trespassing the last few years none of which I trust with a nerf gun let alone to not shoot me. That's what it's come to...pretty sad

Last edited:
You didn't come across bad at all. Now tell us how you believe women who get sexually assaulted shouldn't dress so provocatively.
I went for a hike in a public forest today. I wore a blaze orange hat. Last weekend I was walking on my road through a different public forest, squirrel hunters shooting in the woods just off the road. I wore a blaze orange hat. Did it save me? I’ll never know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back