Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

That time of year

duckhunt

Well I started going through some of my gear and realized its that time of year to start making sure everything is in working order. I know I have some treestand work to do for sure. I also need to organize gear that just got thrown in the closet last fall. I wonder why I cant find half of my stuff. We are closer than we think to opening day so let the prep work begin.

I should post a picture of my mancave. It is pretty sad how disorganized I am this year. It is going to be work to get ready.

I installed new shrink tubing on my stand cables and ordered a new seat last week

I've got gear spread out through my back room, garage, closets, mudroom,and various totes throughout the house. I guess I should get off my butt and see what's what since archery antelope starts tomorrow and elk starts on the 29th. I got a new bow (it's an Elite, so I'm no longer a Mathews fanboy :D), so I've been busy shooting that and getting my wife shooting with her muzzleloader and getting her comfortable with that to get ready for her upcoming antelope tag. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to get an archery antelope tag this year. I'm not seeing much of anything in my area, but I'm seeing a lot of twin fawns with the does, so hunting should be good in the next couple of years. There's some 8-9 inchers floating around that should be good next year. Maybe I'll wait until the September portion of the season when it's either sex and go after a doe. But, I can get 2 late season rifle doe tags to go along with the one my wife has, so I'm kind of leaning in the direction and just filling 3 tags all at once in December. But, nonetheless, I still have to go through all of my gear that spread out all over the place and get it organized...UGH

Elite now your talking love my two Elites( Energy 34 & Hunter models). I just pulled some stands from OH. last weekend and hopefully next week hang a few new ones and get some cams out working to see what is running around. Kinda late on that. Last weekend I also started getting some gear together for the late October Elk/Deer hunt in the Crazies of MT. It was pretty chilly here this morning kinda getting me in the mood for season. Plan on some small game in Sept. love taking that .22 out for a mess of tree rats then its on to the deer stands looking for Mr. buck or maybe even doe if my meat supply gets low.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back