Yeti GOBOX Collection

that survival show on discovery channel

schmalts

Anyone see that show where he parachutes out in bumfugg Eygpt and has to walk his way to get rescued?? What a farse. The other day he was in the Alps of some country (not swiss) but anyway, he goes down to this apline lake and supposedly chops a hole in the ice with a stick (didnt show how long it was supposed to take, yea right:rolleyes: then puts out a set line with hooks and line he made from the parachute (didnt show how he bent up hooks and cut the wire):rolleyes: and some maggots from a carcass he found in an evalance shute. What the hell, this is a crock. It would take a guy the entire day to just cut a 6 inch wide hole in the ice with a stick he could use as a hotdog roasting pole, much less cut and bend up hooks. Then he goes out to follow a fox and try to steal its dinner and comes back and pulls a fish up. I can't take it anymore. Yea a guy can learn a few things but it is so much bullship in there that a guy can get killed trying to do what this guy does.

I like when he jumps in to crevases to show how to get out. Or the show he did in Moab where he's starving and is about to kill a snake then says that he can't because it's protected, climbs a slot canyon to and finds bird eggs eats one, then fries the other on a rock.

I like when he jumps in to crevases to show how to get out. Or the show he did in Moab where he's starving and is about to kill a snake then says that he can't because it's protected, climbs a slot canyon to and finds bird eggs eats one, then fries the other on a rock.
Hmm, guess he never heard of the migratory bird treaty act? Maybe they were rock dove eggs.:rolleyes:

ya i dont like that guy. is it the man VS wild show. the show i like is the survivor man. he doesnt have anybody with him and he has to carry all of his own camera equipment.

This guys clothes on occasion change also and he just leaves valuable gear lying about the mountains

He left a set of skis on the hill he said he later regretted doing because he could have used them to further his decent

The skis could have also been used to help dig in the snow or use as struts in a shelter when all that is around is small brush

There are a number of things he does also that will put people at risk who try some of his "Stunts", I think they are very irresponsible stunts to show the general public with out proper disclaimers and warnings

For example, crawling up or down a fast moving stream that is almost vertical instead of taking a little more time and huffing thru the brush, or jumping from cliffs into rivers with out apparently knowing the area

He also took off into an ice flow with a brand new boat (Look close, it had new paint and for some thing that just laid there for years didn't look weathered) he also found some brand knew shovels as paddles left two and took one in buildings that looked as if they took every thing including the kitchen sink when they abandon the camp

Another episode had him building a raft in what was apparently a few hours to brave the harsh landscape of the ocean, with out ample stocks and supplies for more than a day or so, I think he was honestly afraid when that huge tiger shark swam directly under his raft

This guy reminds me of a rich kid who has spent his life running around the world thrill seeking

There are a few good things in every episode though if you can look at the rest as pure entertainment and nothing more

There are a few good things in every episode though if you can look at the rest as pure entertainment and nothing more

I think ELKCHSR said it best. Take what Bear Grylls says and does with a grain of salt. The guy in MAN vs. WILD does a few things that would probably be useful but some could get you hurt or killed. I like survivorman a bit more because he is alone doing all the camera work by himself, not a crew like Bear Grylls has. All the equipment is packed in and out by him alone with more realistic scenarios. Most of Man. vs. wild is entertaining, enough said.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back