Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Thanks to BigFin and Hunt-talkers!

Looks like you scored just by the bone you found! Pretty good haul even without any meat attached.

I would like to commend you on not taking a shot you didn't feel was right. I've known some first timers that couldn't pass on that - and it's never a good outcome.

Good luck over the off-season- unless you can find something to chase in the meantime.

Thank you sir. I take this as a great complement. A wounded elk on my first trip would sure leave a bad taste....neck shots are fine for rifle and even black powder to some extent...but I didn't feel right taking one with a bow. I have PLENTY to chase in the mean time...hoping to get a nice whitetail with my bow this year....and I have some real SMOKERS on camera!

Last edited:
Great story! I'd call that a successful hunt any day. You got up close and personal with a bunch or elk, got yourself in great shape, learned some new country and had a blast doing it. Now you can go back there with a lot of knowledge of what the elk do and where they hang out in this area, which will increase your odds dramatically in the future.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Nice write-up, man - you sure set the bar high for a first elk hunt recap. Sooner or later I'll draw in NM and hopefully do the same. Was this OTC? If so, what unit? I may plan on something like that if I continue to miss out on draws. Again, thanks for the great writeup, thoughts, and photos.

Yep, OTC! Get a permit and go hunt! There are millions of elk in colorado and more public land then you could hunt in 10 lifetimes! :)

Great trip right there, welcome to the dark side of hunting addiction (close encounters with bulls are like crack, that is what I assume crack would be like anyway)

Awesome! From the looks of this you've found a place to hunt for years to come. Good luck on the wait til next near, haha.

Awesome story, pictures, and write up. Definitely a successful hunt. I'll be pulling for you on your next trip even though I will wager that you won't need me wishing you luck! Have a great rest of the season!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back