Thank You

sep0667

Big thanks to everyone that helped me out on here. This was my first western hunt, first rifle hunt. I asked a lot of questions about what rifle/scope etc. here. My first trip was a success. Its definitely a different type of hunting than I am use to, but I loved it, it was a lot of fun. We spotted this buck about a mile off the road with a group of about 10 does. We quickly parked and were able to take advantage of a creek bottom to stalk in all the way to about 228 yards. Crawled up out of the creek bank and got the bipods out and put a great shot on this buck. He dropped in his tracks. I was all smiles. I hope to be able to make a trip again soon. I'm looking forward to having the meat back from the processor and my mount!

1602621789230.png

Congrats and way to figure it out!

And thanks for reporting back. Unfortunately many do not after gleaning some info.

Enjoy that delicious meat and that set of horns on the wall.

Definitely some good knowledge on here. If it wasn't for this site, I'm not sure how my first western hunt would have went.

Seems pretty surreal sitting at work today eating lunch...pronghorn steak and scallop potatoes. I dreamed all summer while at work of going on my hunt and found this website and read tons of threads in this very forum, pretty much looked through all the harvest pics too....how here I sit at work, eating some of my pronghorn steaks.

1603312351238.png

Big thanks to everyone that helped me out on here. This was my first western hunt, first rifle hunt. I asked a lot of questions about what rifle/scope etc. here. My first trip was a success. Its definitely a different type of hunting than I am use to, but I loved it, it was a lot of fun. We spotted this buck about a mile off the road with a group of about 10 does. We quickly parked and were able to take advantage of a creek bottom to stalk in all the way to about 228 yards. Crawled up out of the creek bank and got the bipods out and put a great shot on this buck. He dropped in his tracks. I was all smiles. I hope to be able to make a trip again soon. I'm looking forward to having the meat back from the processor and my mount!

View attachment 157687
congrats, good jib

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back