PEAX Equipment

Thai Peanut red stag Satay

Stay Sharp

I bowhunted for suburban deer this afternoon but before I left I cubed up a bunch of red stag loin and marinated it in San-j spicy Thai Peanut sauce with some fresh grated ginger and garlic. Then put the chunks on metal skewers.

0FSd6io.jpg

The wife know to start some baked potatoes and when I got out of the woods, I started the grill and cooked them over white hot coals.

A1vhL6f.jpg

VaoHNIO.jpg

Damn we ate good.

BCVEQCE.jpg

XXOzFPS.jpg

Ive got an archery club wild game feed coming up soon. This will be my offering.

Last edited:
Looks good, but I'm not a fan of red stag, just too strong a flavour for me, it always go to the game dealer.
How did you get red stag where you are?
p.s. may contain nuts:D
Cheers
Richard

I got the red stag as a combination of things that all fell into place. I was in the need to test/evaluate more bowhunting gear and Learned of a high fence operation looking to depopulate some of their population of red stag. This one was 550 pounds and tastes very good. Even my wife (who is no longer a fan of red meat) enjoyed it and went back for more.

cn5u7dQ.jpg

Looks good, but I'm not a fan of red stag, just too strong a flavour for me, it always go to the game dealer.
How did you get red stag where you are?
p.s. may contain nuts:D
Cheers
Richard

I find that interesting, I'd take a red over a fallow any day. Nothing beats a clean shot and proper meat care but taking a mature stag in late velvet or late winter always produces great venison for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back