Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Th other day's outing...

sneakem

Turkey season's winding down here but I decided to head to the hills with a buddy (took my little girl too, she loves to go hunting with dad). It was HOT, like mid 80's although it was a little cooler in the trees but not much. Not a whole lot of action going on up in the hills, spotted a few smaller bucks in velvet, saw lots of elk far off but not really any turkeys talking.

We decided to sit down and wait for a while until the temperature dropped in hopes the turkeys would start talking. I handed my girl the slate call and pulled my hat down over my eyes resting up against the tree. (Figured it would keep her occupied, she never stops talking unless there's something to do)

So she starts going to town on the call, yelping like a broken record. I slouched down to get comfortable and closed my eyes. About 15 minutes of non stop yelping passes and all of the sudden silence. Then I feel something jabbing my ribs at my side. I open my eyes to see what it is and my daughter says "Dad...its a turkey". Low and behold there is a jake standing about 20 yards away looking directly towards us.

She whispers... "Dad... I'm sitting still like a rock so he won't see me...just like you said.." He lets out a few alarm putts, obviously seeing us, and starts to walk away nervously. Shamus awakes from his nap in time to see the jake walking away, and looks at me and we both just started laughing histerically. How funny was that... my 5 year old daughter just called in her first turkey, had I not been napping I could have recorded the whole thing...

Pretty cool afternoon though, real exciting for her, she's been bragging to everyone that she called a turkey in, too cute!!(proud daddy too)

Anyways.. a couple of pictures from that afternoon...

Chip of the old block...
P1010574.jpg

P1010576.jpg

A decent buck...
P1010570.jpg

P1010571.jpg

Cool story and cute daughter Sneaks. That's enough of the touchy feely posts for this month. Time to get back to slamming the Donkey Puncher's in F. H..

Thanks John...nothing that a quick call to our IT Dept. wont fix....coffee+keyboard=ohshit!

Sides still hurt from laughing:D :D

By the way Snickers, great shot of the daughter, she's a cutie- wife must have been packin' the better genetics eh? ;)

Notice she is wearing Sneeks shirt under her cammo......

Back