Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Texas - What are you going to use?

I don't expect to see a snake. People just need to be aware that they may be around. The first time I went there Thompson told us they had not seen a snake for a long time, then down in a canyon where I shot a ram about 250 yards away, two snakes turn up. Most people don't go down there though because the blinds are on the ridges mostly. If you here a rattle, that means you're too close, back up slowly, then shoot it or kill it with a big rock or something. Any triangle shape head on a snake means its probably poisonous. You can get it mounted for about $100/ft I think, plus they say rattlesnake is good eating. Its like $6-$8/pound in the grocery store down the road here. I'm chicken though, I've never picked one up until the day after I've killed it, that way I know its dead.

Double posting. Not hearing from anyone, i will NOT be bringing any extra guns.. Looking forward to meeting all of you and having a good and safe hunt.

I will be using a 45-70 Encore and the same thing in an NEF Handy Rifle, I'm taking my .308 Norma Mag. in case I want to try for a long shot. My son is using my Mod. 700 .270.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back