Texas Tech vs. Montana State

npaden

Anyone want to guess who is going to win?

If I were a gambling man I think I would take the Cats and the 28.5 points. That's a lot of points for the first game of the season and the new Tech coach isn't as offensive minded as the last several that we've had.

Anyone want to guess who is going to win?

If I were a gambling man I think I would take the Cats and the 28.5 points. That's a lot of points for the first game of the season and the new Tech coach isn't as offensive minded as the last several that we've had.
Many of his team members don't share offensive conservatism. Woe is me ... my Cats had a real bad day. Some even suffered painful cramps, but the score caused the most pain.

'Can't believe my Montana Griz buddy hasn't called yet to beat me up.

Money game for MSU to take an ass beating. mtmuley
Yep.

I grew up near Abilene (west Texas), so I've always had some interest in the Red Raiders. However, I've lived in Butte and Missoula for the past 15 years so... Nope, don't care about the Cats.

Wreck em! Didn't get to watch as I was babysitting a "wildfire" but looks like a nice performance.

I thought they would have gotten a little more than that. I thought the going rate was up to $750,000.

Pretty interesting to see a quote that Tech has one of the highest budgets in the country. I guess it is all perspective, several other schools in the Big 12 have budgets that are more than double Tech’s budget. I think Tech would be middle of the pack or maybe even on the bottom half of budgets for Big 5 conference schools. The guess that means they are probably in the top 40 or 50 in the nation for budgets though.

Ahhh, MSU should have been charged for prostitution... Red Raiders used and abused MSU. Money well spent?

Pretty common to have a couple paid gimme games to start the year off for most big time programs, occasionally you end up paying to get your butt kicked as evidenced by my alma mater (U of Arkansas) losing to Toledo a few years back. They paid 1 million for that game.

Pretty common to have a couple paid gimme games to start the year off for most big time programs, occasionally you end up paying to get your butt kicked as evidenced by my alma mater (U of Arkansas) losing to Toledo a few years back. They paid 1 million for that game.
I bet there wasn't very many big schools rushing to sign up North Dakota a few years back.

I got to listen to the game on the radio. The announcers put a positive spin on much of the game and there was some positives to look back on for MSU. There was just no getting around some of the game. Some parts were ugly.

Last edited:
W

Wonder if Tennessee figures their money well spent. mtmuley
Meh, always good to raz our fellow pussycats. We're getting pimped out here soon. Oregon... Hopefully we'll get a few swipes in or better yet, Hauck has our boys ready kick some big O's back to the coast. :D

Back