Tenzing TZ 5000

ida homer

I need a larger do it all backpack. The pack I have now covers my deer hunting endeavors well, but I need something for 3+ day backpack elk hunts, now that were starting to do more archery hunts in deeper.

I discovered I was able to get Tenzings for a screaming deal through a buddy. Something lighter like the EXO would be my first choice, then maybe one of the KUIU's, but they would end up running me 2 to 3x more.

Any of you guys have any opinions on this pack?

Last edited:
I looked at that pack as well...seemed like a great pack. I have two of the 2200's for day packs, and they hold quite a bit...and are comfortable, and durable. I have the EXO, but thought about getting that 5000 for my daughter, I think it's a solid pack for the price...I've looked at them a couple times at Sportsmans.

Getting what you want always (and eventually) trumps saving a few dollars IMO

A buddy of mine has it and he's able to pack a ton of stuff in there and he loves it. I have the 4000 and honestly it's a great pack also. I like their warranty and I know he's had it a couple years and has had no problems

I can't speak for that pack specifically but have the Tenzing 2200 as a day pack and also have the Tenzing Upland Bird Vest (Pheasants Forever Edition). The quality has been great and I love some of the features of each pack.

In my experience, I don't think there is anything wrong with Tenzing packs.

I also like the tenzing but got so much negativity from this site i ended up buying the kuiu which is a couple pounds lighter. Tenzing 5000 7.6 LBS Kuiu 5200 5.6lbs .

I have the 6000 and have packed 3 bulls and a pile of mule deer out with it. Tons of storage and great layout. It is a tad heavier then the Kuiu but I find mine to be very comfortable and an awesome meat hauler when something is down. You will easily be able to pack enough gear for a week long hunt in that thing. The customer service is great as well. The only negative I find in mine is that a couple zippers stripped pretty easily when dirty. Very solid pack especially for the $ IMO

Cool, thanks for the replies guys. I just got back from a 3.5 day elk hunt with the TZ 6000 that I borrowed from a buddy. It did well, unfortunately I didn't get to pack meat with it, but very close!

My only complaint with it was that I think it was just all around too big for a guy of my towering height at 5' 7 and 3/4", can't forget that 3/4"!! Now I just gotta decide I guess.

The 5000 and 6000 are pretty close in size, but i think the 5000 is designed for shorter people so it should fit better than the one you tested.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back