Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Tenzing TZ 5000

ida homer

I need a larger do it all backpack. The pack I have now covers my deer hunting endeavors well, but I need something for 3+ day backpack elk hunts, now that were starting to do more archery hunts in deeper.

I discovered I was able to get Tenzings for a screaming deal through a buddy. Something lighter like the EXO would be my first choice, then maybe one of the KUIU's, but they would end up running me 2 to 3x more.

Any of you guys have any opinions on this pack?

Last edited:
I looked at that pack as well...seemed like a great pack. I have two of the 2200's for day packs, and they hold quite a bit...and are comfortable, and durable. I have the EXO, but thought about getting that 5000 for my daughter, I think it's a solid pack for the price...I've looked at them a couple times at Sportsmans.

Getting what you want always (and eventually) trumps saving a few dollars IMO

A buddy of mine has it and he's able to pack a ton of stuff in there and he loves it. I have the 4000 and honestly it's a great pack also. I like their warranty and I know he's had it a couple years and has had no problems

I can't speak for that pack specifically but have the Tenzing 2200 as a day pack and also have the Tenzing Upland Bird Vest (Pheasants Forever Edition). The quality has been great and I love some of the features of each pack.

In my experience, I don't think there is anything wrong with Tenzing packs.

I also like the tenzing but got so much negativity from this site i ended up buying the kuiu which is a couple pounds lighter. Tenzing 5000 7.6 LBS Kuiu 5200 5.6lbs .

I have the 6000 and have packed 3 bulls and a pile of mule deer out with it. Tons of storage and great layout. It is a tad heavier then the Kuiu but I find mine to be very comfortable and an awesome meat hauler when something is down. You will easily be able to pack enough gear for a week long hunt in that thing. The customer service is great as well. The only negative I find in mine is that a couple zippers stripped pretty easily when dirty. Very solid pack especially for the $ IMO

Cool, thanks for the replies guys. I just got back from a 3.5 day elk hunt with the TZ 6000 that I borrowed from a buddy. It did well, unfortunately I didn't get to pack meat with it, but very close!

My only complaint with it was that I think it was just all around too big for a guy of my towering height at 5' 7 and 3/4", can't forget that 3/4"!! Now I just gotta decide I guess.

The 5000 and 6000 are pretty close in size, but i think the 5000 is designed for shorter people so it should fit better than the one you tested.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back