Tents tents and more tents.

I have the BA copper spur ul3 and love it. Have had it in some bad wind 40+sustained, 8" of snow 1 nights and 100degree heat. Weighs like 4.5lbs with footprint. It will all stuff into a 900ci bag too (minus the poles) mine gets stuffed into the SG access bag.

Also great customer service. Cousin used the tent and wrip the body by the zipper so I couldn't patch it. Sent it to BA they charged me $5 for return shipping is all and had it fixed and back to me (sewn and sealed) in 9 days (WI is home for me)

I got the Tiger Wall 2 person as a wedding gift last year. Its a great tent and super light. I think it's about 2.5 pounds packed and ready to go. The material is thin, however and I wonder how much abuse it can take. I wouldn't take it on a trip where much snow was on the menu either. That said, it stands up to wind and rain quite well. Pretty sure they make a 3 person version of the same tent.

I got the Tiger Wall 2 person as a wedding gift last year. Its a great tent and super light. I think it's about 2.5 pounds packed and ready to go. The material is thin, however and I wonder how much abuse it can take. I wouldn't take it on a trip where much snow was on the menu either. That said, it stands up to wind and rain quite well. Pretty sure they make a 3 person version of the same tent.

Thanks, I'll look at those too. Not worried about snow, thats why I got my Cimarron with a woodstove.

With the net everything would be in the 6 pound range and I would like to keep everything sub 4 pounds.
Gotcha, my early season tent is a big agnes seedhouse 3ul. I got it on clearance from rei, only one vestibule but overall very nice for $215 and is really light.

I currently have a SO DST and a Cimarron without a nest and I currently in the market for another tent. I want a regular floor tent for the early season and for summer trips with the dog and wife. Currently looking at a Big Agnes Fly Creek UL3 or Copper Spur UL3. Looking for recommendations for any other suggestions. Thanks for the help!
How do you like the SO cimarron? I’m spending 30 days solo in the elk woods this year and looking for something roomier and more comfortable for the extended trip. Also something I can get warm and dry in come later season at high altitudes. Do you have the stove with it? If so which one and does it seem to put out enough heat for your liking? I’m gonna be using it solo most of the time but want room for a second Incase I have a friend along on a late season hunt so we can both stay warm and dry. Thanks !!

How do you like the SO cimarron? I’m spending 30 days solo in the elk woods this year and looking for something roomier and more comfortable for the extended trip. Also something I can get warm and dry in come later season at high altitudes. Do you have the stove with it? If so which one and does it seem to put out enough heat for your liking? I’m gonna be using it solo most of the time but want room for a second Incase I have a friend along on a late season hunt so we can both stay warm and dry. Thanks !!
I researched tents, tarps and tipis for almost 2 years before I made that choice. I was really back and forth between the Cimarron, tut, sawtooth and redcliff. I picked the Cimarron because I wanted a single man shelter that could be used with a partner and not be tight. Also with the Cimarron comes in at 55oz with the pole and stakes, I also got the trekking pole hitch to cut even more oz. Down the road I might add a sawtooth to the collection but right now I am happy. I haven't taken it out west yet. I also haven't purchased a stove yet, but I will be going with the liteoutdoors 18" stove. Like I said I haven't used it but that's from 2 years of research.

Went with the Copper Spur UL3, I will give an update once I get it and set it up. I think I have an addiction to shelters, I've been looking at a super tarp to add to the collection now.

Went with the Copper Spur UL3, I will give an update once I get it and set it up. I think I have an addiction to shelters, I've been looking at a super tarp to add to the collection now.
Hope you like it as much as I do! That tent body, fly, foot print will fit in a 500ci bag amazing how well it packs down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back