Tent vs Trailer

Yep the ranger fits in perfectly, but if I were to do it again I would get a trailer with the extra 6 inch height. With the standard height it just fits in so if you had larger tires or somthing it wouldn't fit.
Thanks for the info. I really like the idea of the toy hauler camp trailers, just not the price. Something like you have would probably workout more in my price range, but was unsure of the fit.

Ha!

JWP58- Could you return for a refund a roof top tent if all the features didn't work and an "inspection period" was not implicitly asked for? Haven't seen you posting on 24hour for a while...

Interesting question. If the item is used, and an inspection period isn't discussed......guess its up to the seller. You could certainly ask, but I doubt they'll work with you if you start demanding stuff that was never discussed...they might even blow you off. If it were me, I'd be happy that I got a good deal on a perfectly fine working tent, especially if I bought it for a back up. Some might hit defcon 1.

Personally if I was going to buy a RTT I'd probably buy new. They have a great group buy on the portal for CVT RTT's if you're interested. I *think* they are up to 30% off right now (i'll post a link so you can clarify that)

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/122653-2014-CVT-Group-buy!

Last edited:
Even if it was sold as "working" and then doesn't? Would you be happy with a seller or manufacturer who wouldn't even respond to your correspondence regarding such a matter?

Even if it was sold as "working" and then doesn't? Would you be happy with a seller or manufacturer who wouldn't even respond to your correspondence regarding such a matter?

Look man, I don't really care what your opinion is of me. I get it. I still don't care, but I get it.

Now keep on beating around the bush.

Last edited:
All sound like great ideas. I kinda threw my stuff together last fall and it worked great. I have a topper on my chevy. They make infaltable matresses the fit secific truck beds. So I used my truck bed as my tent. Just opened the side windows and slept away. I towed a small trailer that I used to store stuff and lock stuff up while I was out hunting. I was in bear country, and trust when I say. Sleeping in my truck bed knowing I didn't have anything to worry about was nice.

I have a 14 ft v nose enclosed trailer that I converted to a hunting trailer I can haul 2 atv'si in it .It is a 7 ft wide ,6 ft 6 inch tall ,I have a set of bunk beds that raise and lower across the back so I can drive my atv's in also a 3x3 table that folds against the wall. Up front in the v nose area I have a Formica counter top to cook on and so forth . Also 3 drawers under counter to hold eating utincles and what ever. Under thee counter half way done a shelf and under the shelf a vented RV heater run on propaine and 12 volt bat also have it fully insulated and both 12 volt lites and wired for 4 fluorescent lites and 2 receptices run on generator. Very comfortable warm and dry works good for me. John

300 short mag, would you mind posting up some pictures. My dad and I are thinking of going in on a trailer to convert.

Summit hunting I have been trying to download pictures but I am stupid when it comes to computer stuff all I can say for now if I did it again I would use a 16 ft trailer .with luck I will have help with computer by Easter I will try then. John

Pictures of four-wheeler trailer/camping trailer

Here are some pictures of my trailer that I promised. When I remove the four-wheelers it becomes a camping trailer.

Attachments

• Picture11.jpg
    Picture11.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 365
  • Picture12.jpg
    Picture12.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 364
  • Picture13.jpg
    Picture13.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Picture14.jpg
    Picture14.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Picture15.jpg
    Picture15.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 360
  • Picture16.jpg
    Picture16.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 359
  • Picture17.jpg
    Picture17.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 362
That's an awesome way to store the bunks out of the way. Do you like the v-nose? This seams to be my hang-up, I can't decide if I want the extra interior room or have space outside to mount a generator.

Tent or trailer

I bought the v nose to hopefully cut the wind better when towing. Also the front is used for countertop and drawers with shelf under that and in bottom rite corner under the bottom shelf a 16000 btu Rv heater. This trailer is very confortable with real twin bed mattress to sleep on..I ordered a 3 ft v nose as a special order but if I did it again I would buy a 16 ft trailer rvs a 14 ft like I have. 2 atv's would fit a lot better rite now they are very tight and the trailer wouldn't cost much more. By the way I pull it with a deisel and only get approx 12-14 miles per gal at 70-75 mph. If you need any info either post or pm me. John

Trailer

I took an old two horse trailer and built what the guys call a toter home. Quad goes inside for travel, comes out at camp, cot goes in and I sleep like a baby. Used spray foam for insulation and fiberglass paneling for quick clean up.

If you're still kicking around a tent, you should really look into Kodiak Canvas tents or Springbars. Very fast and easy setup(even in the dark), handles weather(other than heavy snow loads) really well. It's canvas, so it breathes great...I personally don't think you can go wrong with them. I've got a 10x10 Kodiak and it would be fine for 2 people with lots of room to spare. I stayed with a buddy in his 10x14 Kodiak last September and that thing is like a castle for 2 guys. We brought our chairs and beer cooler inside the tent when a storm rolled in one night and still had plenty of room.

Back