Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Tell me about your favorite socks

Merino. Most are merino blends.
I had been using some cheap costco ones that were excellent. Now they never have them. Tried a couple that look similar but they are thicker and not as good. I wear merino socks year round.
Have some real good thick Danners for cold. Tried several from REI,but they are thin. Cabellas had some but discontinued that one I liked.

I started with bamboo socks, which work fairly well. My feet sweat a lot though, so I made the switch to some SmartWool socks with a liner. Those seem to keep my feet dry better than the bamboo, but I recently picked up some Darn Tough 2011 and they've been great so far.

My buddy got some Darn Tough merino socks for an elk hunt a couple years back and he swears by them.

Knee high First Lite Merino. Most merino socks for me feel like I’m sliding around inside my boot.

I have two sets of Icebreaker merino socks, a light pair and a medium pair. They have been great and are my first choice for hiking or hunting. I also have some minus 33 merino socks. These are ok, but aren’t fitted or have any contouring, just basically a big thicker regular sock.

Icebreaker or Darn Tough over the calf merino...get highest merino content you can find (varies by model). Both offer lifetime warranty. Sometimes can find ski socks on sale/clearance and they work great for me.

For everyday wear to work in the fall or spring, or weekend hikes etc...costco merino trail socks. High merino content, durable, cheap.

For light to medium weight I like my First Lite mountain compression. FITTS are an American made sock that get over looked. I used some of their heavier “ tactical “ socks in the Infantry. I can’t say enough good things about them. Very similar to Darn Tough

Darn Tough for me. I sent back four pairs two weeks ago as they were thread bare on the ball of my foot. All four replaced with a voucher - no questions asked.

Have some Darn Tough, but prefer the First Lite merino socks. They have a really wide elastic cuff at the top. Part of the reason for my pickiness in that area is the placement of some scar tissue on my shin. The First Lite with some injinji tow sock liners is awesome.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back