Tell Me About Game Bags

I love my caribou bags… and would recommend to anyone. but I’ve used many others like the Alaska guide and BO. Quick and proper removal and hanging I think is more important then bags imo. Been interested to get my hands on some of BRO bags and try them with the zippers…

To me it depends on the hunt. Grab what suits the hunt. When I was in Alaska I carried the lightweight little game bags because of long hikes in. (and it still kicked my butt). If I’m hunting local traveling most of the way by my truck with only a few mile walks I take the heavier ones. In NM desert where hotter than all get out I’m more concerned about heat and want them to breathe better. In snow hunts I don’t worry about heat as much. Sometimes like bear hunting I am so far in I know I’ll debone and pack out so I take little dear quarter bags. Bags are cheap enough so by accident I now have quite a few game bags. Weight means everything to me. Little things like this adds up fast.

so they wouldn't fit an elk hindquarter or you would need 2 sets of fallen game bags for one elk?
I really don’t think you could fit a quarter in a bag unless you cut off the shank. Even then the rear quarters would probably be too big.

I have a different brand bag for elk.

Back