MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

TC Impact

Muskeez

I wasn't looking for a new ML, but a friend won this gun at a banquet and wanted to sell it cheap so I picked it up. WOW, AM I IMPRESSED!! The first 3 rounds with 100 grains of tripple seven (2 pellets) and a Sabot-ed Hornady XTP hollow point, with iron sights, right out of the box, at 100 yards (that was the only seat open at the range or I would have started up closer) I put 2 of 3 in a 3" target and the third was just outside. It loads easily, and I have done nothing to it since taking it out of the box. It has a "spacer" in the stock for smaller shooters, but my 2 girls have been able to shoot it very well as is. So, if anyone is looking for an entry level, economical in-line ML, with good iron sights, I would highly recommend this gun.

I would highly recommend it as well. My whole family has taken a liking to mine, and like you said, it came out of the box hitting dead on using Hornady XTP`s!

I will leave the below comment for any other Impact owners. It just hit me that you mentioned that this rifle has iron sights!
I bought the scope/rifle combination.
I did have one slight problem that is easy to resolve, you might want to check the screws on the scope mounts. I had taken mine for a few day, out of town trip and was in a mess when I noticed my scope loose and then trying to find the right torgue driver and lock-tite to fix it. I`m not sure if the factory puts lock-tite on the screws as a norm, but these didn`t have anything.

Last edited:
I bought one two years ago and am in my third season hunting with it. I am very pleased with it. I now have a 2 X 7 X 32 Burris scope which I am also very pleased with. I have had no trouble with loose screws. I generally shoot 250 Gr. Barnes TEZ sabots over 80 Gr. equivalent of BH209 with CCI 209M primers. This combination will shoot through a 3" hardwood tree.

It's my first and only ML I bought last year. 250gr. T/C Shockwave over two Pyrodex pellets puts three rounds into a cloverleaf at 100 yards. Open sights, of course. I haven't done much shooting or hunting this year, so I'd like to try going to loose powder and loading my cast 230gr. .45 ACP bullets in sabots next year.

Emrah

I bought one two years ago and am in my third season hunting with it. I am very pleased with it. I now have a 2 X 7 X 32 Burris scope which I am also very pleased with. I have had no trouble with loose screws. I generally shoot 250 Gr. Barnes TEZ sabots over 80 Gr. equivalent of BH209 with CCI 209M primers. This combination will shoot through a 3" hardwood tree.
Ten years after I bought it, I'm still hunting with my TC Impact. I shot two whitetail bucks with it in 2020. I'm still shooting the same load, but I use Barnes 250 Gr. Expander MZ bullets with MTM HP-24 Sabots. I can't say that these work better than the TEZ, but they do work. I got tired of having my scope fog up in the wet weather that we have around here, so I bought another TC Impact and set it up with a Williams peep sight. In 2019, I shot one Whitetail with the scoped rifle and one with the peep sight rifle.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back