Caribou Gear Tarp

TB.........calling TB I have a question or 2

Daniel in Ak

Dude.my co-worker and I are trying to come up with either a hunt of Montague or Kodiak next year,yeah so I start a year early on my logistics :) anyhow this is for deer,but my question is really about the bou on Kodiak I was thinking of a back-up and or work a double on deer and bou down there.You think it's feasible and basically how's the herd? Thanks for anyhelp dude.Daniel

Daniel,

We have a firestorm just beginning to brew here with the native corp on the roadsystem. Long story short is they never had a right to claim native land and were wrapped up in a lawsuit for 30 years. It was dismissed because a liberal judge decided that even though the claim was falsified it was too late to correct it. So 75% of our roadsystem just went native owned and they just put in the paper that hunting is banned from their land.
Now if you're talking caribou/reindeer that's a different story. My friend actually was just down there last weekend, they live on the southend. Three guys flew in Friday aftenoon and spotted the herd a ways in (there's only about 250 total). They decided to try for them, but found two cows about 2 miles in and shot them. They also took 3 nice bucks and flew out Sunday. Never done it myself, but I'd like to. Downside is the bulls don't run big and the country is pretty nasty.

Ive been watching that about the naitive lands up here also.SUCKS! anyhow I had a couple friends that seem to draw a Brown Bear Tag down there every year and watching the video of one chasing the reindeer slash bou :) Ill call em bou anyhow you can tell the bulls are not all that big,but Im a meat hunter anyways,doesnt matter to me.

Like I said we are thinking about going down there using our alaska airline miles to fly free and then charter a plane to spot the herd, but if it wasnt all that we'd like to do a deer hunt.We did find a fella out of Valdez for $750 bucks he'll take us out I think on a catamaran to Montague Is.

Anyhow,so I guess the road system is a done deal now for deer down there huh? Well shit fire thanks for your help Im sure I'll come up with soemthing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back