Yeti GOBOX Collection

Taxidermy For My MT. Mt. Goat Help..

Phil, I used Katy Rogers in Great falls to mount my goat I killed in the crazies this year. my goat was very banged up in the head and face after rolling down the mountain. He broke a horn of and cut a big hole underneath his eye (it was really bad). After Katy got done you can't tell at all AND I had the goat back before Christmas!!!. If you want someone a little closer to home Aaron McWilliams in Jordan- Missouri Breaks Taxi- does a really good Job and I would trust him with anything of mine. If you want before and after pictures of my goat Im happy to post or text. Good Luck.

earlybird, the only reason I didn't recommend Katy Rogers is that she isn't crazy about mounting animals that are tanned by someone else. She is however one of the best taxidermist in the whole dang USA!

Shawn Dawson @ Timberland Taxidermy does outstanding work, as does Mark Smart. Both are in Great Falls.

X2 on this recommendation. I have a Bighorn I shot this past season with Shawn at Timberland right now and Mark did a sheep for my dad years ago. Both great at what they do.

Rimrock Taxidermy and Tannery

Fritz, In Park City is an awesome guy he also is one of the biggest tannerys around. Hedoes a lot of tanney work for quite a few of the guys mentioned. His taxidermy work is awesome as well, he also does some of the best rock work i have seen. He mounted my lion from last year and it turned out great! while stopping into to check it out he has had some goats and sheep in there and those mounts have been awesome. he turned a guys sheep around from this year in under 100 days! and it was probably one of the coolest mounts i have seen! great guy give him a shout. hes quick and does some awesome work. i know when i dump and billy and a ram im taking them to him no questions asked!

Now that you have a 'few' names, go visit the top 3 (or 5) you believe are good and see their work and make your decision on their work and their willingness to work with you.
You don't get a goat very often (maybe only once) so pick a taxi based on this being the only goat you ever have mounted.

Thanks for all this info. I'll be making some phone calls this week. mtmander, your exactly right this will more then likely be my only Mt goat I have mounted, that's why I'm being so particular.
Thanks Again, Phil

Taxidermy is like anything else. You get what you pay for, but a high price tag doesnt mean its good work. The better taxidermists charge a lot, because its worth it! They are usually very slow on turn-around time, because they have lots of work to do and take their time and make sure its perfect before it leaves the shop.

There are lots of good suggestions on here. Look at their web sites and go check out their shops. Trust me, if they do good work, they will enjoy showing their work to you. Good luck, and post pics!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back