Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Taxidermist legal options

I threatened him with small claims court so he finished mine. I thought about going to the DNR but didn't want my animal seized as evidence.

Good think you acted when you did!!

I've had quite a few animals done by a number of taxidermist and never had a problem. On my largest whitetail, the taxidermist asked if I wanted to hang on to the antlers until he got the cape back from the tannery. I lived like 30 miles away, but I kept them and can't tell how many times I took and remeasured them.

1 pointer, I'm not sure if it was you or LCH that recommended a taxi in Bedford but I should've listened.
WildRHK, I tried to stop and see him many times but no matter if it was 10AM or 6 PM he was never there.
Also this morning I noticed a little odor from the cheek patches. I've got it my garage until I determine if it's safe for the house. If my wife smells something once it will stink forever in her mind.
The cheek patch is actually a scent gland. I used to own a taxidermy business and my guess would be that he didn't get the skin under the gland thinned enough. It's not going to hurt anything, but it may smell for some time.

Glad you got something back, thank you for constantly updating the threat. This was an interesting read, and Ii'm glad he got what he deserved. I have an antelope at the taxidermist now and I hope things turn out better than your experience. I will always conduct a google search before I allow a taxidermist to take my work moving forward.

What are some of the legal options to get a mount back from a taxidermist? I dropped off a pronghorn mount about 15 months ago and he said I would get it back within a year. I looked up reviews and they were good. There were a few that said he took a little longer than most but the quality was good. I found out later that those reviews were all before he went through a divorce. The reviews from the past year are all bad. In early March he called me and asked if I would pay in full and he would move me up the list. So I paid, waited a month, stopped by his shop -closed. Stopped by a few days later closed again. Called him he said he had kidney stones issues and would start on it the next week. I've stopped by a couple of other times at different times of the day and his shop is always closed.
Am I screwed? I've thought about disputing the CO charge but I'm afraid the deadline has passed.
I'm going thru a similar situation with my taxidermist here in Colorado. It's been over 2 years since I dropped off my head for a shoulder mount. I wasn't sure if 2 years is unrealisticor or not since I was told it would be done on 10 months originally. It's don't want to loose my once in a lifetime hunt.
What are some of the legal options to get a mount back from a taxidermist? I dropped off a pronghorn mount about 15 months ago and he said I would get it back within a year. I looked up reviews and they were good. There were a few that said he took a little longer than most but the quality was good. I found out later that those reviews were all before he went through a divorce. The reviews from the past year are all bad. In early March he called me and asked if I would pay in full and he would move me up the list. So I paid, waited a month, stopped by his shop -closed. Stopped by a few days later closed again. Called him he said he had kidney stones issues and would start on it the next week. I've stopped by a couple of other times at different times of the day and his shop is always closed.
Am I screwed? I've thought about disputing the CO charge but I'm afraid the deadline has passed.
I am going thru a similar situation. I dropped off my head for a shoulder mount over 2 years ago, I was told it would be done in 10 months. The last 12 plus months seem to be excuses or at least they are getting harder and harder to believe. Is 2 years unrealistic to expect my mount to be completed. At this point I feel like my once in a lifetime mount is lost or never going to be completed.

I'm going thru a similar situation with my taxidermist here in Colorado. It's been over 2 years since I dropped off my head for a shoulder mount. I wasn't sure if 2 years is unrealisticor or not since I was told it would be done on 10 months originally. It's don't want to loose my once in a lifetime hunt.

I am going thru a similar situation. I dropped off my head for a shoulder mount over 2 years ago, I was told it would be done in 10 months. The last 12 plus months seem to be excuses or at least they are getting harder and harder to believe. Is 2 years unrealistic to expect my mount to be completed. At this point I feel like my once in a lifetime mount is lost or never going to be completed.
Hope it wasn't that worthless kunt Ron Newman. Go pick it up and take it somewhere else.

I dropped off this buck in June, just picked it up. Guessing spending $25k with a taxidermist helps put you to the top 20230917_204251.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back