PEAX Equipment

Talking about African hunt....

Moosie

Grand poopa
OK, this morning I;m on a rampage on planning stuff out.. I want to know about the 2003 BEAR hunt, go to that section and help out,,,,,, I am looking for AK in 2004, Caribou bear, or whatever !!! (go to that section and let's sign up some ideas...)

AND NOW, 2005 for AFRICA !!!! I'm gonig to talk with a friend on this deal. I would like to plan a trip in 2005. OK, THIS is a long ways away, PLENTY of time to gather up your pennies and get serious. I think that the group will be small, but a fun/dedicated group. I got money saving plans and ways to help on costs. We'll have taxidermist lined up and everything figured out.

I'm gonig to be bringing my bow and hopefully spending several days with it in the field and also a BIgger "caliber". Even though it's still early, Let's plan this HUNT OF A LIFETIME !!!!!!!

I don't know were to go from here until I get input, SHOUT out Ideas and or uhhhhhhhhhh IDEAS :D :D

Start practicing with your bow!!!! How's that for an idea? 2005??? HMMM...I WILL have a job then so I shouldn't feel too bad about spending some money. Keep me posted.

You must have talked with Riaan today then.If I can help ya out bud let me know.I will get some pics from my aunt and cousin when they get back from safari and post them on the board.

This is one hunt I'm definitly interested in. As long as it has kudu in the list I'm in, as long as the funds are there of course. Although if the price is right a buff wouldnt be that bad, I want to test my lott on a thick game animal.

Kudo is definately in the list LBG. I got one on my list too
Africa is an AWSOME place I hear and a guy can make it very affordable. We will post prices and ideas and start getting anyone interested, in the loop.

Since I am becoming a hunting junkie but lack the serious funds for my addiction to fullfil it properly. I am starting a "Send Nut to Africa Fund 2005". I will let Moosie handle all the details and funds since I am a hunting junkie and would use the funds for other things like hunting and hunting. :D

Moosie,

You better not waste any time. I hear 280 is on his way to RSA to make sure there aren't any high fences there!

Times a waistin'!

Bill

Oscar,

I am not sure who you are talking to - as to an outfitter but you have one of the best booking agents in the world in your own back yard - Ray Atkinson. I am sure if you called Ray he would set up EVERYTHING in a very professional manner and he is so well known I would be 100% confident that his word is golden. Just a thought, and you did ask for them :D

As I understand it if anybody wants a good cape buffalo RSA is NOT the place. Most of the ranches/consessions in RSA are high fenced - not much different then most of the ranches in Texas.

Are you looking at "package" type Safari's?

Don

I think I've talked to RAY.... For some reason I don't remember it all that well.. Something about not feeling right talking to him. Kinda felt like I was putting him out ?!?!? MAybe I'll have to Try again, BUt I'm talknig to a couple of people, Some that drop by and some that don't... AND geting all kinds of info.. HELL WHO knows what it will bring ?!?!?

THANX for the info though SHAKEY !! Been missing ya in CHAT.. Either I'm not there enough or you're ditching me ....

Oscar,

Ditching you? Anybody that fugly belongs in a ditch :D

I have been busy as of late working on a new project - which I hope to get. I was in the chat room the other night and I told "Mars" to say hello to everybody for me,,,,,if he forgot I am gonna,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have talked to Ray several times via telephone and I have never felt like I was wasting his time. In fact I think he went above and beyond the call of duty - so to speak. You didn't mention that you walked around the Texas Hill County in a T-shirt, got all scratched up and sun burnt, did you? Maybe that had something to do with it, LMAO.

IF I get this new project I WILL be around more,,,,,if for no other reason then to harrass all of you.

Have a good one all,

Don

Shakey.. you tyalked to RAY ? Does that mean you're going or planning to go to AFRICA ?

YAH, I can't blame ya wanting to put me in a ditch, but I'll drag ya with me ;)

Hallo Kraven!

I just popped in for a sneak view. This time of year sees me running around more than chatting! I'm busy organizing the last details for Matt's safari.

We always run out of time on his visits, with more things to do than what we have time for - that's how I get him to come back so often! In addition to his kudu, red hartebeest, springbok, blesbok, & warthog, I've arranged a cull hunt for him, as well as a bunch of bird shooting - and then Marie still want's to get good pictures of the elephant, rhino, & buffalo!

Matt's going to be one tired man on his return.

Have a super day!

Thats great Riaan.I didnt realize he was going after so many animals this time.I am sure you all will have a great time when he and Marie arrive.Have a great day and we'll talk to ya soon. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moosie:
Shakey.. you tyalked to RAY ? Does that mean you're going or planning to go to AFRICA ?

YAH, I can't blame ya wanting to put me in a ditch, but I'll drag ya with me ;)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're going to have a sore back after dragging me :D

I first called Ray about booking the hog hunt. I have talked to him several times about an African Safari as well. IF I get this new project I am working on I will be going to South Africa in either 2003 or 2004. Jim (VPD10) will be going with me.

My pick of what I want in South Africa are:
Kudu
Gemsbok
Impala
Blesbok
Zebra
All the baboons I care to kill - no limit
It will be fun picking off baboons out to 600 yards

I already have a quote from 1 outfitter for the above - 12 days hunting, 14 days in Camp.
All inclusive. They pick us up at the airport and drive us back. The pricing "may" change between now and then because the "Rand" is now much weaker against the Dollar.

Ray offered a Sable hunt that I would love to go on in Zimbabwe. If funds are such that I can swing both the Zimbabwe hunt and the South Africa hunt I will book them back to back.

I already have a 375 H&H Ackley Improved loaded with 265gr GS Custom HV bullets and a Schmidt & Bender 1.5 to 6 X 42 Scope. I would hate to not use it to kill some animals. I will also take my 300 win mag loaded with 180gr ballistic tips for those pesky baboons. It has a Schmidt & Bender 4 to 16 X 50 PM II scope with mil dot reticle.

So, the short answer to your question is YES, I do plan to go to Africa hunting.

Don

Moosie,
Using an outfitter to set up your hunt is a good idea for a lot of reasons. The guys who own their own land and guide, or just guide part time and sell hunts may or may not put on a good hunt, but it may be a crap shoot.

Some of the advantages to using a good outfitter (such as Ray Atkinson)-

Years of experience and reputation to rely on when checking references- a must for a hunt that will be taking place half way around the world.

An ally on this side of the pond that can help if something goes South on your trip- political hassles, getting your trophies out of the country to your taxidermist without being held for extortion, bribes, or storage fees (see any thread about Flora & Fauna brokers or ask Ann at Aspen Hill Farms)

Leads on regulations regarding travel, ammo, necessary items, personal items, etc... that will make your hunt a lot better experience

Leads on who to use for travel arrangements, shipping trophies, accomodations if necessary, connecting flights, trip insurance and medivac insurance

Information on shots required, particularly for the area you plan to hunt, and the political situation.

Give it some thought- sometimes a good outfitter can put together a better trip for the same money and save you countless headaches so you can just go and enjoy your trip. In my book, that is always money well spent.

The best resource I have found for information about African hunting is the wealth of knowledge at Accuratereloading.com and huntamerica.com. These guys are straight shooters and will answer all your questions. Also, get the book by JJHack entitled "Africa the First Time". It covers lots of great information about hunting Africa and preparing for your trip. I believe it is available at amazon.com now. Any other questions, let me know by e-mail and I'll try to answer. I don't get time to post over here much anymore.

Trust me, you'll love hunting Africa so much, you better start planning (and saving) for a second trip right now!- Sheister

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elkhunter:
There you go Moosie. HA has lots of info for you. I am sure you will be more than welcome there :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROTFLMAO

Thanks for the laugh ElkHunter, I needed that.

Don

Moosie,

Sounds like somebody "MAY" be getting a commision off some book deal, lol. Had the person actually listed some valuable information, I would of said: Fine, but they just touted some "Book". Well, gee wizz, lol

I located a web site that offers a LOT and I do mean a LOT of USEFULL information (not pushing somebodys book, lol).

www.cruisersafaris.com

The people that put that website together, did their homework.

I read thru the "Locked" post over at HA in the "Hog" section. Those people must all be stuffed shirts, they surely have ZERO sense of humor. I was sorry to see it was Locked as I had some info (or is that fuel?) to add.

I defended your rights,,,,,,LMAO,,,,that LINE really cracked me up. My response would of been,,,,,,,SO WHAT,,,,,,,,lmao.

Well, I guess we can be content knowing one another and leave the snobs to themselves. We are better people then that anyhow.

Don

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back