Taking moose out SK style

Sask hunter

ALways heard a joke that anyine in Saskatchewan will do whatever it takes to get their animal out whole. Seeing all the elk come out of the bush it seems to be a fairly accurate joke. Here is our SK moose retrieval from last fall

My wife and I helped a guy field dress his first bull moose yesterday in the Pioneer Mtns. We loaded it onto his trailer in one piece. It was quite a sight to see a full-body bull moose towed behind a Subaru.
Glad to see the giant bull is still roaming the hills...

Question when you get it where you're going what do you hang something that big from. Congratulations on a beautiful animal. I'd love to see a few close up photos if you got them.

Last edited:
Question when you get it where you're going what do you hang something that big from. Congratulations on a beautiful animal. I'd love to see a few close up photos if you got them.
Since it was hot that day we took it to the butcher. Once there we hang it up and skin. Usually we get it about half way up and skinned the then we cut it off across the body and split down the spine. Carry those in to the cooler and hang them up. Repeat on the bottom half

Back