Tags Available

These are the dates the tags are valid:
"Oct 19 - Nov 24: Limited Quota; 800 licenses cow or calf."

"Nov. 25 - Dec 8: Unused area 79 type 6 licenses cow or calf valid only in that portion of area 79 north of US Hwy 26-287."

"Oct. 26 - Dec. 8: Unused area 79 type 6 licenses cow or calf; also valid in area 75, 76."

I also think late November would be best.

late november would work for me.the sooner we can pin something down the better chance we will have to get tags. you guys let me know where and when so i can get my tags and my wife will check here periodically to fill in any details.maybe someone will be willing to call me with anything important.

Glen and I are leaving Mesa the Friday before Thanksgiving and will be in Jackson the next day. I guess we can start hunting that afternoon.. If Elkhunter has all the cows staked out, we should be done by Sunday afternoon...

Elky, you do have the leashes and the stakes don't you?

:cool:

Leanwolf, take a look at the pictures in this thread.
http://www.huntandlodge.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=18&t=002832
This is on FS Rd #30310 just north of Triangle X Ranch and across the highway from Cunningham Cabin. It is just south of Moran. It would be about a 10 min ride to hunt. It may be listed as 092 on an old map. There is room there for everyone. If it is taken, on top of the hill is room for everyone.

Going north from there entering GTN Park you could take the Pacific Creek Rd. and find camping. This would be just to the east of Emma Matilda Lake and Two Oceans Lake.

Farther into the park is Pilgrim Creek and some camping, but not much.

Just to the east of Moran on 26/287, about 3-4 miles, past the KOA, is another FS Rd 014 on the old maps, 30160 on the new maps and plenty of camping. It may be listed as Blackrock also on the maps.

"Oct. 26 - Dec. 8: Unused area 79 type 6 licenses cow or calf; also valid in area 75, 76."

Area 76 is wilderness and non-res would need a guide or a Wyoming Resident to hunt 76.

Area 75 is the river bottom on the Snake. I have seen many an elk come out of the river bottoms.

Elkhunter, I am confused, who is right here. I am assuming you are since you live close to that area...it seems there are 2 different area with 2 different tags.. right..or wrong.. Thanks

Dan- If you don't mind, get ahold of me when you start heading this way and I'll follow you up that weekend even if I have tagged out by then. How long will you and Glen be staying in Jackson?

Elkhunter, many thanks for those camp location directions. I see what you're talking about on my Bridger-Teton Nat'l. Forest map.

Did you get my email with my fax number, for the cow hunt app.??

Thanks. L.W.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Elkhunter, I am confused, who is right here. I am assuming you are since you live close to that area...it seems there are 2 different area with 2 different tags.. right..or wrong.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Area 79 type 6 tag is good in area 79, 76, and 75 depending on the dates you would be hunting.

Leanwolf, I did not get your email. Please send it again or send me a PM from here. Do it tonight if you can as I have a heavy work load tomorrow and then head out for a 4 day weekend right after work so i will not be on after tomorrow morning.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back