Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Tagged out and grateful

Since mid-September elk have been coming into my pastures at night and leaving super early. I'm not complaining, deer and elk are welcome on my place and I'll gladly fix fence to have them. My season opened 10/17. I hike from the house and try to get ahead of them but they were always just ahead of me or it was just a little too dark to shoot. They would go up in the chukar country I no longer have the legs for. It was fun hunting and I was seeing elk every time, just not any shot opportunities. I'd make about a 2 mile loop and spend some time glassing them up out of my reach. Today I caught up to them with just enough early light to get a shot. I was able to take a nice cow in really good shape and lucky to get the tractor right to it. This was my only tag for this year so it was extra sweet to fill it. I've now filled a tag in 7 decades. I'm not a big drinker but tonight I'm celebrating my good fortune and looking forward to the butchering and another year of elk meat.
Great job sir! What a wonderful country we live in!!!

Congratulations . Very nice. Something about that tractor vs a sled or a backpack ---- very nice way to come back with a load.

Since mid-September elk have been coming into my pastures at night and leaving super early. I'm not complaining, deer and elk are welcome on my place and I'll gladly fix fence to have them. My season opened 10/17. I hike from the house and try to get ahead of them but they were always just ahead of me or it was just a little too dark to shoot. They would go up in the chukar country I no longer have the legs for. It was fun hunting and I was seeing elk every time, just not any shot opportunities. I'd make about a 2 mile loop and spend some time glassing them up out of my reach. Today I caught up to them with just enough early light to get a shot. I was able to take a nice cow in really good shape and lucky to get the tractor right to it. This was my only tag for this year so it was extra sweet to fill it. I've now filled a tag in 7 decades. I'm not a big drinker but tonight I'm celebrating my good fortune and looking forward to the butchering and another year of elk meat.
Very nice! Also nice your able to use a tractor to get it out!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back