PEAX Equipment

Tag question

thomas.orsack

I saw the latest episode of Ridge Reaper last night that features a Nevada mule deer hunt. The program stated that the tag holder, Jason Carter, was allowed to use a muzzleloader after the archery season. Well, this is two separate seasons and two different tags.

Needless to say, I looked up the guy's name up on huntnevada.com which is the tag results page. I'm a bit confused because I would think that the show would be last season's hunt, 2012. The only Jason Carter that showed up was for unit 071 which is nowhere near where they were hunting in the show as the hunt was in southern Nevada not northern Nevada.

Now, I know that they give out three other tags, Heritage...PIW...and Silver State.

Well, he didn't draw the PIW or Silver State tag beacuse it would be on that website and I doubt that he would spend $50,000 for the Heritage tag for one show.

My question is this, what tag was he using?

Landowner tag

Yup. In Nevada, tags purchased via a landowner DEER voucher allows you to hunt every open season for that unit. So, if you don't get one in archery season, you can hunt the muzzy season, and if still unfilled, you can hunt the rifle season(s).

Not the case for elk. You have to pick your season for elk landowner vouchers.

Back