Swimmin'

danr55

An interesting series of photos. Somewhere in Nebraska or Kansas I think.. Not really sure where they were taken.

:cool:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 227
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 224
That is one kick ass drop tine. I once saw a forked horn buck swimming across the Snake River near Farewell Bend but it was not near as cool as that.

All that time I thought I was rafting on the Payette River near Horseshoe Bend...Whoa was I wrong...It was the Snake River. Holy Smokes that river goes everywhere! :D

I can't wait til I get my first whitey. I'll have then have a blackey, muley and a whitey!

Sweet pic, Thanks for sharing!

Well deserved rib'in Cameron, It was pretty cool though that little buck swam the entire river shook of and ran up the hill like it was no big deal.

Great buck!! I wish my story involved a buck as nice as this one, but back in the day I watched a doe and her two fawns swim the entire width of Tomales Bay near the coast here. This was in the early 60's, when my dad was allowed to hunt McClure's Ranch -which is now called McClure's National Seashore- where they keep a herd of tule elk.
Tomales Bay is at least a mile wide. It took that doe and her fawns about 35 minutes and the chop didn't even slow them down. Looked like they were walking on the water at times.

A co-worker of mine gave me these pics a while back. A friend of her brother took these pics on the South Dakota side of the big sioux river, near I believe she said Brandon,S.D. It does look like the river so it could be true. funny how pics and stories travel over the web.

Back