Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

SWFA rifle scope

sluggo6850

Hey everyone, I have a rifle scope question. I'm wondering if anyone has used a SWFA ss 3 x 15 x 42 scope? The price is pretty decent and the reviews have been pretty good. Thanks for your input!

I have quite a lot of first hand knowledge of the 3-9x, 6x, and 10x SS's. I have only second hand knowledge of the 3-15x. Word is that the top end of the range get's less user friendly real quick after about 12x. Tracking and zero holding should be GTG.

A friend of mine has one, when I shot it, it was on a precision AR and I felt the scope was very good. Clear great tracking and a solid reticle (Mil QAD DMR). It is a bit heavy if you are looking at a light rifle, but this can also be personal preference. Solid scope for budget FFP scope.

I have one. It's a decent scope but a bit on the heavy side. The glass is ok. It's comparable to Vortex Viper line in my eyes. The tracking is spot on, holds zero as it should, and is easy to adjust the turrets (nice audible clicks). There are no zero stops, but they make some shims that can go in the turret to stop at close to zero. If you are between this and say an older model Viper PST, I would go with the PST just because of the added features for about the same price. At about 12x +, the FOV gets kind of touch and go.

I have one and haven’t had any issues with it. For the money, I’m very satisfied.

Awesome scopes for the money. I have two 10X and a 3-15 that's going on my new hunting rifle. Simple but useable reticle, quality glass, nice turrets, and a great price make it hard to beat for the price. Add a set of shims for a zero stop for $15 and its everything I want in a hunting scope.

I don't have any experience with that scope, but have two, 6x and three, 10x. Super Chickens are great scopes. Some people whine about the weight, but there is no free lunch. Why do you think that Nightforce scopes are heavy? If a few extra ounces for a quality scope, is a game changer for your hunt, then maybe it is time to go to the gym.

The 3x9 has a tremendous reputation, also. I doubt that you would be disappointed with the 3x15, but really do not need it for a hunting rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back