Swarovski spotter

Jasher

Is a Swarovski sts 80hd worth the extra 600 over a Nikon monarch fieldscope 82ed?

I don't know because I don't have either. I'm looking at purchasing one or the other.
If it was me and forking out that kind of dough I'd be doing some product testing and throwing a couple other brands in the mix.

Maybe @Schaaf will chime in he's a scope guru.

I have a Swarovski myself I think they're pretty tough to beat. Now a friend of mine has a Nikon for the exact reason your in debate over. He has said, I'm happy either way I just couldn't justify the extra money.

I'd be looking at Kowa, maven as well... maybe a couple others good luck.

If it was me and forking out that kind of dough I'd be doing some product testing and throwing a couple other brands in the mix.

Maybe @Schaaf will chime in he's a scope guru.

I have a Swarovski myself I think they're pretty tough to beat. Now a friend of mine has a Nikon for the exact reason your in debate over. He has said, I'm happy either way I just couldn't justify the extra money.

I'd be looking at Kowa, maven as well... maybe a couple others good luck.
I have been trying to figure out what the best one I could get for my money but the more I look the more confused I get. All the different brands models hd non hd magnification fixed and objective lens. Then try to find comparisons.

It's worth $600 if you can say there's a 4x4 buck over on that hillside 2000 yards away with one instead of there's a deer over there on that hillside 2000 yards away. If they both tell the same story then no. I've had a couple of spotters and at 1000 yards there was a big difference. One you could see a sign the other you could read the sign.

It's worth $600 if you can say there's a 4x4 buck over on that hillside 2000 yards away with one instead of there's a deer over there on that hillside 2000 yards away. If they both tell the same story then no. I've had a couple of spotters and at 1000 yards there was a big difference. One you could see a sign the other you could read the sign.
FWIW maven has a demo program......

I've never heard of someone regretting a swaro purchase.

The re-sale value and perceived value of Swarovski is not matched by any other company. No one ever thinks they
are gonna want to move or sell their house, but things change. And you may want something else in 15 years.

You’ll be happy with a swaro. I have an sts65 with the 25-50x wide lense eyepiece. You’ll be able to pickup what a critter is at 2000yrds+ no problem

I’ve never been disappointed with Swaro after the price shock.

Testing glass really only works in the field, if you have access to the different glass. Everything looks good in a store.

Try finding one with the 25-50 wide angle. Field of view is more appreciated than power at that point. Once you look through the wide angle—going back to the 20-60x eyepiece feels like you are looking through a straw.

Try finding one with the 25-50 wide angle. Field of view is more appreciated than power at that point. Once you look through the wide angle—going back to the 20-60x eyepiece feels like you are looking through a straw.
Any idea of where to pick up a used one? A new one is pretty expensive. Eye piece that is. I already pulled the trigger on the scope with the 20-60

Any idea of where to pick up a used one? A new one is pretty expensive. Eye piece that is. I already pulled the trigger on the scope with the 20-60

They're pretty sought after and kind of harder to find it seems. I don't have one, but I'd like to try one side by side.

Rokslide optics classifieds maybe?

If you have the wide angle and your friend doesn’t and you both compare them sxs, yours will come up
Missing before your next hunt together. Haha.

I agree the WA is better overall. It’s taken some getting used to to find the sweet spot for eye positioning coming from the 20-60, but it’s a better view.

They're pretty sought after and kind of harder to find it seems. I don't have one, but I'd like to try one side by side.

Rokslide optics classifieds maybe?
That's where I found the spotter. There's definitely some good deals to be had there.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PotomacRiver
Back