Swarovski ATC/STC Spotting Scope

amo16

It looks like Swarovski just released a couple new 17-40×56 spotters that look pretty appealing for a mountain hunter. I've already got a Kowa TSN-553 as well as a Swarovski ATX 65/95, but would consider upgrading the Kowa if there is a real world performance difference between the two. I know it's brand new and probably a long shot, but has anyone actually been able to get their hands on one of the new Swaros, or even better yet, do a comparison with the Kowa?

I have both. Just sold my 553. The ATC has way way better eye relief and much wider Field of view. Image wise they are about the same.
The ATC is Much more user friendly, not much comparison for me between the two

@Trial153 what do you use for binos? Did ATC replace your large magnification ones?

@Dsnow9 Did the ATC replace a huge spotter, or do you have/use both? Large magnification binos and the ATC? or did it replace.

@Trial153 what do you use for binos? Did ATC replace your large magnification ones?

@Dsnow9 Did the ATC replace a huge spotter, or do you have/use both? Large magnification binos and the ATC? or did it replace

I have 12x, 10 and 8x Els. I don’t think it will replace any of them. However what I am thinking about is selling my 65mm STX because the ATC compared very favorably to it with less weight and bulk. I will most likely get a 95mm or maybe 85 kowa at some point for times when I am not packing in.

@Dsnow9 Did the ATC replace a huge spotter, or do you have/use both? Large magnification binos and the ATC? or did it replace.
It replaced my razor 85. Well really my nl pure 12s replaced my spotter but that is besides the point. The other spotter rarely left the truck. This will not leave my pack. Can’t beat the weight vs quality ratio of this spotter. Can’t see myself getting another spotter unless I was going to go full bore and get a btx with the double eye piece for scouting.

It replaced my razor 85. Well really my nl pure 12s replaced my spotter but that is besides the point. The other spotter rarely left the truck. This will not leave my pack. Can’t beat the weight vs quality ratio of this spotter. Can’t see myself getting another spotter unless I was going to go full bore and get a btx with the double eye piece for scouting.

I know what you mean @Dsnow9, I never used my Razor 85 much and the person I sold to on here used on an Alaska Bear hunt so I was glad. I am blown away by the clarity of the Pures.

Back