Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Swaro SLC vs….

So I know Swaro SLC are discontinued and used options are out there but hard to find. For the sake of this, let’s say used SLC are $1300. Are they really that much better than Zeiss Conquest @ $750 or Meopta Meopro Air @ $750. Is there really a $550 difference?

That is for you to decide. Perhaps you want to use the money difference to purchase another item that you also need. Maybe you do not need another item in the near future.

Last summer I ran across a pair of Zeiss Conquest in 10x40 and a pair of Leica Duovid 8-12x42 binoculars in a pawn shop. Each were in nice shape. They were asking $1000 for the Zeiss and $1300 for the Leica.

Quick research on my smart phone showed me the Zeiss were a discontinued model that had sold for $999 and its replacement sold for the same. I told the guy that their price was too high. I did like the glass.

I had not heard of the Duovids and went home to learn and ponder. They are also now discontinued but their retail price is roughly $2300. I liked them also.

So going back, I asked the guy again about the Zeiss binocs and he said they could do $750. I asked if they would take $1100 for the Leica binoculars. He was agreeable, and that is what I bought. But I could have been satisfied with the Zeiss as well.

At the end of the day it is your money and your decision.

Another option would be to pick up a set of Pre-swarovision EL's, which can be had for about that same price. I actually sold my Swarovision EL's as i liked my pre-swarovision EL's better. I got the rolling effect occasionally and like the Ergos better on the Earlier model.

I've looked through the Cabelas Euro Binos which I believe are the same as the Meopta Meostar B1 model. These very much impressed me.
I was actually able to pick up a pair of Cabela’s Euros on sale last week. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. Looking forward to getting them out in the field.

I was actually able to pick up a pair of Cabela’s Euros on sale last week. I’ve heard nothing but good things about them. Looking forward to getting them out in the field.
You'll enjoy them for sure.

I’ve never been sorry or disappointed with Swarovski or Leica glass. I have been using Swarovision for years until the NL Pure. Now that I have them, I wonder where optics can go from here.

The Swarovision Rangefinding EL’s are superb, although I still like using the 8X32 NL Pure the most because of their size and optics.

There is a reason that the “almost as good as” glass is compared to Swarovski, Zeiss and Leica. No one has ever said, “ my Swarovski binoculars are almost as good as his Meoptas”

If you can’t see a difference, don’t spend the money...

Absolutely love my SLC’s, worth every penny to me. I’m scared to look through NL’s and have avoided them so far

The biggest perceived jumps for me were 50 dollar Simmons to Lupe Wind River... to Minox HD...even better Minox to SLC...then SLC to EL SwaroVisions (least perceptible but enough)...had some 8x42 Gold Rings, til a bud needed em more...were very stable and clear. I can appreciate the efficacy of 8x...

Great discussion here. I am in the market for some alpha binos and appreciate all of the firsthand comments and feedback.

Back