Swaro 15x50 binoculars

mattobertin

I was at sportsmans wherehouse today I have been kicking around buying a set of swaros. I am looking at the 15x50's because I don't like looking through spotting scopes for long periods of time but am more comfortable with bino's. Anyway I was wondering if any of you own the 15x50's and do you like them? I would like someones input besides the guy at the store who was'nt very knowlegable.

I hunt with a buddy that has them. He doesn't seem to be able to glass and spot critters with them as easily as those of us with 10x and 8x. Too jumpy, and too zoomed in.

BUT, once we find the critters, we love his for counting tines and judging racks.

I wouldn't buy them as I prefer my Zeiss 10x, but I am glad he packs them around....

I hear the Minox 15x58's are the best bang for the buck. I just saw one listed on ebay the other day. I believe it was Cameraland that had it listed, and they're a reputable outfit. IIRC the price is around 8 to 9 hundred.

I used them for a season, I'm assuming you mean the 15X56. Without a tripod, they aren't that convenient for most glassing. If you plan to set up a tripod every time you glass they are nice to look through. If you are looking for an overall do everything bino, the Swarovski 10X42 EL is what I'd pick.

well I love mine (15x56)and use them for every bit of hunting I do---sure you can't hold them up forever, but I just take a short rest when needed and then get back to glassing--like everything else a little practice time with them and you'll get it figured it out---they kick azz on any 10x bino out there for judging and finding animals IMO---the only reason I'd part with them is to buy the Leica 15x56 rangefinder bino's(which is waying heavy on my mind) so that I don't have to pack a rangefinder also---chris

I love the 15x56 swarovski on a manfrotto tripod for glassing out a bit further compared to my leica 10x42's. You have to have a good tripod for the 15's .

Yes I already have a pair of 10x42's . I plan on using the 15x56's on a bipod every time. Anyway I bought them yesterday! Thanks for the helpful input everyone.

New tripod

Well Larry you are definately right about having a good tripod I just mounted my new binos on the tripod that I already had for my small binos and it was almost scary. I will have to invest in a heavier tripod for sure.

Back