Surgeon General says check your rubbers

MThuntr

To my 16ga for a duck walk today. First time with waders this season. Shot a teal and jumped in the creek to get it with instant wet feet. Temp is around 5 degrees so I walk back to the truck. Get distracted by a pair of mallards. Shoot them and have to get back in the water šŸ„¶ for retrieval. The mile walk back got real cold. Toes got tingly so I was probably close to frost bite. Dummy me

20221118_154229.jpg

That reminds me...while it's warm this week I should take my waders for a dip in the pool to find the leaks before I start duck hunting.

Thank God for sales and gift cards. A new pair of neoprene waders are set to arrive Friday. I went with breathable waders on Saturday and while they were easier to get around, I was tragically under insulated for 5 degree temps. I'd rather stew in neoprene...it's a new weight-loss program I'm going to try for the next month.

Fyi..I stepped off some shelf ice at 20 below one year wearing neoprene. Little deeper than I thought, filled up chest waders. AmazingšŸ¤£..my body heat warmed the water up momentarily...but then the tide turned. I RAN back to the truck in the nick of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back