Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Suppressors and scope rings

Maybe a quick call to Talley? Most of my rifles are lows w/ 1 1/2" centerscope to centerbore IIRC. Simulate can size & looksee??

Bluf, I think there may be too many variables in the equation to say for sure, but you are really just talking about whether or not you can see it in your FOV, not whether it blocks your crosshairs. Your optic will be the biggest variable.

Probably has more to do with the optical qualities of the glass. On low power you might see the can, but high power it might disappear. You could probably simulate it on another rifle with a paper towel tube. All that being said, I would be hesitant to compromise your cheek-stock weld just to move your FOV up so you can't see the top of the can.

Give Devon Deer or one of our other overseas readers a PM. Most of them seem to have a can or two on their firearms.

Low rings will work fine with a suppressor. Keep in mind rifle balance will be negatively affected by the extra weight at the end of the barrel also you will have POI shift. My shift is roughly 6 inches at 100 yards.

I run a can on many of my rifles and always mount the scopes as low as I can. On two rifles I am able to see the suppressor wrap in the bottom of the scope on low power. Each of those rifles have 20 MOA bases, 50mm scope objectives, one rifle has a 20" bbl and one a 26" bbl. Seeing the can doesn't bother me and certainly doesn't affect use of the rifle/scope.

I am running a couple 20" Rem 700 varmints with Tally lightweight low ring/base combos, Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40, and 7" or 9" cans and cannot see the can through the scope.

As some others have said, each application will have its own set of variables. I would purchase the lowest rings you can for your rifle/scope package and not worry about it.

I have a very small (1 inch diameter) red dot (no magnification) on my suppressed rifle and have no problems.

Thanks all, my dad just got a new scope and needs to switch to 30mm rings and was thinking about a future suppressor. The paper towel roll idea is perfect to get an idea of what it currently looks like.

Pretty sure my rings are low on a 1'' tube, i have never seen the suppressor in the view, but, when i have a lamp mounted on the rifle i have on occasion seen a glare, but i just alter the angle of the light and its job done, that is when i hunt foxes at night.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Richard
ps, i never us one anymore except on my .22

I have only shot my can on my AR's. I have shot it on 3 different rifles and all my mounts are about as low as you can go and I haven't had a problem with the can getting in the way.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back