PEAX Equipment

Support Our Public Lands and Managers - Sarah Grigg

Paul in Idaho

I discovered this well-written article via Twitter. I only read that site, so 'retweeting' it would not put it in front of anyone new. So, I'm posting it here where many can benefit.

The privatization of public land will not lead to endless wilderness areas, private reserves or hands-off, “no-management” wildlife management with greater local control. Privatization will not enhance opportunities for Americans to view wildlife, hike, or picnic with their families. It will not enhance opportunities to learn about local wildlife and ecosystems, history or other subjects. It will lead to a model for which we will have no name or understanding until we watch it monstrously unfold.

https://sarah-grigg.squarespace.com/blog-wexley//support-our-public-lands

A well written piece by and about some people I feel lucky to know. Thanks for posting

Well done thanks for posting. I read a few non hunting related outdoors sites and the non hunting users of our public lands need to get riled up on this issue. If we don't have heavy involvement from all users we will lose this fight. Let your non hunting friends know about this issue.

After clicking on the LWCF coalition link from the article and looking at the bills and co sponsors. Republicans and the western states are grossly underrepresented as co sponsors. If you live out west, send a letter to your reps. If that doesn't work actively work to vote them out of office.

FYI to other Minnesotans, Franken has not signed on to these bills. Nor has Petersen, Kline, or Paulsen. It's time for us to contact our reps too.

Well done ,good stuff.
I've gone from being called a Conservationist to a Conservative to a Commie it now seems in 60 short years.
Funny I have always believed in an America of prosperity for all and the way WE get to use OUR PUBLIC LANDS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back