Summer in Montana

The difference between summer in the south and summer in the rocky mountain west becomes very apparent when you see that people are planning backpacking trips in July/August/ up there.

Truck camping for a night isn’t even happening down here during the summer.
No joke.
I'm in CO Springs this week. Yesterday was 94° and I barely broke a sweat.
Saturday at work before we left it was 86° and it felt hotter than Satan's left nut

Hot even here on the Pacific coast - 93 degrees today and hotter tomorrow. My little buddy here comes to the sprinkler and hangs with me every night, the picture is not zoomed 5 feet away, he's pretty cool! Hot for him too; he drinks from the water droplets on the pepper cage.
Hummer 7.28.21.jpg

I've been planning a little backpack through-hike over a part of the CDT in the Anaconda Pintlar Wilderness. This afternoon I walked out of work and realized I couldn't even see the outline of the Highlands from uptown Butte. I think I'm going to just scrap my plans. Why climb mountains when you can't even see them? It's kind of depressing really.
I went ahead and did it. I'm glad I did. I got pretty hot during the day, but the smoke was, I don't know, let's say less bad west of the divide. I covered 28 miles in 3 days of hiking. Oddly saw no wildlife, but got some great pics along the way.

IMG_20210731_065804719_HDR.jpgIMG_20210731_102208478_HDR.jpgIMG_20210801_114601786_HDR.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back