Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Suggestions wanted-which scope to mount on which gun

dcreiss

I am facing a conundrum born from options. I recently purchased the last VX-II 4x12x40 CDS scope I have seen brand new for an absolute steal locally and am questioning which rifle I should put it on. I have a Tikka T3 in 30-06 at the local gunsmith getting a cerakote treatment and a TC Venture in 7-HT cerakoted that is currently sporting Leupold American Marksman 3-9x40. I primarily use the 7-HT for deer and antelope and the 30-06 for elk loaded heavy, living on the prairie I do take reasonably long shots when necessity dictates but nothing I would consider long distance shooting. I do get to hunt each species every year in SD as a tribal member and landowner. Considering the L-AM has a ballistic drop reticle, both scopes afford me the ability to compensate for bullet drop in significantly different ways. Long story short I reload and shoot the guns relatively similarly in consistency thought the 7-HT is more pleasurable to shoot, what should I do? Pull the L-AM off the 7-HT and run the new VX-II CDS on it or put it on the 30-06 when I get it back from ceramic paint?

Hey, I love SoDak! I always put my best glass on the rifle I use the most! If you mainly hunt deer, VX-II on the TC. I have a non CDS VX-II 4-12, and I love it!

I recently asked a similar question and the advice I received makes sense. Put the scope you like best on the rifle you think you'll be using the most. I have a Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 and am going to be pulling the trigger soon on a VX5-HD in 3-15x44. I was debating on if I should put that scope on my 6.5 CM or my .270 Win. The 6.5 is currently wearing the VX-R. I will for sure be using the 6.5 more than the .270, so I'm going to move that scope over to the .270 and mount the VX-5 on the 6.5.

Last edited:
I recently asked a similar question and the advice I received makes sense. Put the scope you like best on the rifle you think you'll be using the most. I have a Leupold VX-R 3-9x40 and am going to be pulling the trigger soon on a VX5-HD in 3-15x44. I was debating on if I should put that scope on my 6.5 CM or my .270 Win. The 6.5 is currently wearing the VX-R. I will for sure be using the 6.5 more than the .270, so I'm going to move that scope over to the .270 and mount the VX-5 on the 6.5.
I know there are deals just about anywhere someone can find but i found a vx5 3-5x56 illuminated reticle on gunbroker for less than 900 brand new. Id def look on there when u get ready. I wish i had bought the 44 instead. The 56 makes the scope mount awfully tall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back