Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Suggestions for a new pack

Kuiu makes a good pack system as well. I have the Icon Pro 2300 with the beefier of the two suspensions. It has handled some seriously rough country so far and is the most comfortable pack I have ever worn (new hunter, longtime backpacker). What sold me on that one was the ability to easily and cheaply scale pack size as my needs change. The only downside was letting my wife borrow it for a day...had to buy a second one.

I run a MR Cabinet and love it. It runs the Guide Light frame and is EASILY adjustable. The bag itself is a bit bigger than the MULE plus it has two large side pods. For reference this pic is of me carrying out the entire muley doe shown. In one side pods is my "kill kit" in the other is my survival kit, RTIC bottle and odds and ends. https://www.mysteryranch.com/cabinet-pack

Attachments

• Larry ful pack side E1.jpg
    Larry ful pack side E1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
  • Larry gun 1 E1.jpg
    Larry gun 1 E1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
Thanks folks I went with the Metcalf subalpine rifle carry. Going to test it to see if I even need a frame. Going by the ratings and the size suggestions it looks like a winner. Thanks

A lot of my gear is cobbled together Walmart, Cabela's, Bob Ward's, army surplus, if-it-works-it's-good sort of stuff. My pack is one of the items I researched and chose in a more deliberate fashion. I went with a Mystery Ranch Metcalf a few years back and have not regretted it. That's very tough, versatile, well-designed pack. I highly recommend.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back