Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Success! Montana unit 102-50 Eureka moose tag drawn!

jeffpg

Well, I've been in the points running from the gitgo, having applied the first year they were available and every year since, and I finally hit a tag. I also put in for sheep and goat but perhaps they will come later.
I hunted moose successfully in Idaho back in 2008 so I have a bit of experience with them. All I really know about the unit is that it's in the NW corner of the state and is supposedly one of the better units in the state, with some thick timber and both roadless and logging road areas.

If anyone here can offer any info on what to expect or point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks,
Jeff

There are moose there but I won't classify it as one of the best units. It is chuck full of wolves so make sure that you buy a tag or two. Advise/info, you will burn a bunch of fuel and drink a butt load of coffee as driving the roads and glassing the clear-cuts would be the typical way of filling that tag.

Good Luck

Congrats, the searching and scouting is part of the fun and make up most of the hunt, IMO!

Back