PEAX Equipment

Success in the high country

Jape

Almond Joy.jpgElk.jpgMtn .jpgPackout  .jpg

For a general season tag I am thrilled. Found the herd at first light and spotted a satellite bull I was considering making a 400+ shot on, but decided to close the distance instead. As I was approaching to cut him off I found the herd bull on the edge of some aspens that led into a pine choked hell hole. He was bugling aggressively and despite a warning bark from a cow, I was able to make a quick offhand shot as he turned broadside. I felt great about the shot, but could not find a single drop on the snow (HATE those moments). As I canvassed the steep hillside, I saw him in a quiet spot not more than 50 yards from where I shot him (shot had awesome expansion through his front leg and into his heart). Saw some amazing country and had some incredible experiences with some of the best people I know. I skipped leg day that week ;) Forgive the harvest photo as it was taken solo. Almond joy is a family tradition in honor of my late grandpa.

Congrats on your bull! Cool to carry on the Almond Joy tradition as well. Can't have enough family/family memories, that's for sure.

Congrats of the a very nice bull. I’m sure your Grandpa is smiling as you enjoyed that Almond JOY.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleyhunter456
Back