Strutters in the snow...

Pygmy

I was out and about yesterday morning crow shooting on a couple of inches of new snow...

The crows weren't co-operating real well, but the turkeys were active.. Gobblers kept sounding off to my crow call...I saw two different flocks, one with four birds strutting and the other with three gobblers displaying for the hens..They looked striking against the pristine white background of the new snow...

Unfortunately, I have to wait until May 1 to hunt these birds here in New York State..

Hogtie thoe babies Danno :D
We've been getting rain up the wazoooo all weekend, birds have been silent to non-existent. You heading up to Ontario to hunt with Gator this year?

Marv... A couple of those birds are right in one of my honeyholes...Hopefully they will stay put until season...

The Ontario season opens April 25th and yes, indeed, I intend to go up to Gator's for the first week of season... I'll hunt here from the 25th until April 30 and then beat feet back home for the opener here May 1....

For reasons beyond our control, he and I are not going to do the Kentucky trip that we have done the last 3 years this season...Breaks my heart, because the hunting there was SWEET, and as you may remember we killed some real TOADS there... I'd like to find a trip to replace it...Probably won't happen THIS year tho, because I have too many irons in the fire, between hunting NY, PA, Ontario and also a spring fishing trip to Ontario... Oh well...We all have our CROSSES to bear....I have a TOUGH life....< SIGH>...... ;) ....

.... :D .... :D .... :D ....

Okay, Nut, I'll see what I can DO you ya... ;) ....

I'm hunting in two states and one Canadian province, so hopefully I can get you a picture of at least ONE big tom.... :rolleyes: ....

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back