PEAX Equipment

Strickland Helix or Kudu

JV842

Thinking about changing things up a bit. Moving up to a heavier arrow; gold tip kinetic kaos w inserts and collars, heavier broadhead; 125. Going to be hunting elk, deer, n bear in Montana this year, along w deer n pigs at home. Been looking at the G5 V2 Striker, but got an itch to try either the Strickland Helix or the Kudu. Been watching YouTube n reading up on both. Any advice and/or experiences w either would be appreciated.
Used the gold tip velocity w 100gn drt’s w great results; just wanted to get some more down range energy

I bought kudus. It's a pretty good design and was built strong. I didnt like the curved grind on the blades. It made it a little harder to sharpen but it can be done. One thing I did notice is at higher speeds the solid 2 blade designs tend to plane more so than 3 blade heads or vented. So I would say these designs work better for bows in the 250-270 range. But that doesn't mean you can't get them to fly. In the end i would say that for what you are wanting to hunt a solid 2 blade designs with a 1 1/16 inch cut wouldn't be my first choice since you don't really need the crazy penetration of a 2 blade for deer and especially bear. I think the striker would be a good choice for all the animals above. Just my opinion though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back