Straight walled cartridges

I'm kind of wondering what they mean by "single shot revolver"? The people that write these regulations don't have a clue. Maybe the writer reloaded for a 44 mag and didn't crimp the cases, thus a single shot after the first shot cuz the cylinder was then jammed tight?

Almost a singleshot revolver, but I don't think this is what the author was thinking of

I really do wonder how such amazingly ignorant statements like that can possibly get out. I write some stupid stuff, but even I don't sink that low.

Bet you encore barrels are flying off the shelves faster than toilet paper right now.

Michigan now allows some straight walls in what was always a shotgun zone. The .450 Buchmaster has been very popular. But I have no experience with it.

I think you meant Henry? H&R went out of business in 2015 and the 350 Legend was not released until 2019. I haven't been able to find a henry 350 legend on gun broker, guns.com, davidsons or even cabelas. The stock design doesn't look to friendly for a scope. I think you would have to buy something to raise the comb if you mounted a scope on it.

Correct. And youre also correct in that it will require a buttstock pad to get you the correct cheekweld for scope usage.
Or alternatively the CVA scout mentioned above would do nicely as well.

Well sounds like Illinois passed law, in 2023 were going to be able to use straight walled cartridges for deer. I'm probably going to make the switch. Not that I'll be able to shoot further but ammo will be easier. Can't always find the same slugs and it becomes a pain especially nowadays. So I'm thinking 45-70 or maybe .444 Marlin. Probably just be a barrel for my T/C Encore. Sure wouldn't mind a lever gun though. Thoughts? Experience?
You still got to hunt no matter the weapon!

This just to poke @BrentD

A solution to a problem that does not exist

Don't be so hung up on the .350 "Legend". It is anything but Legendary. A .32-40, .38-55, .38 Win, etc etc have much longer track records. Singleshots are much happier in rimmed cases anyway. You will be too. ;)
38-55 does good work.

Attachments

• IMG_0434.jpeg
    IMG_0434.jpeg
    347.4 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tracker boat
Back