Caribou Gear Tarp

stove fuels

mixedbag

I can't get anyone to ship jet boil fuel for my Alaska trip in 6 weeks.They will shipother brands of fuel just not jet boil.Anyone use other types of cans of fuel on their jetboils??I want to make sure I get a brand that's compatable with them.Even any ones you suggest NOT using.I have a list of 4 different brands of can fuel they will ship for me.Don't have the list handy.I think one was snow peak
Be very bad for me to get there with fuel that won't work in my jetboil.Its a fly in hunt and no fuels are available in the small town I fly into before my flight into the field
THANKS

Not sure what brand we had to buy in Fairbank's but it failed, threads fit just fine but fuel wouldn't burn correct. I also took along my white box stove as back up and we used it the whole time. Depending on where you are going you can call the big box stores and see if they will allow you to pay for and hold a few cans. If it was me (been up hunting in AK 4 times) I would take my white box stove and buy bottles of yellow heat form any gas station.

i just flew to Wyoming and back to ak with fuel in the jet boil and a big back up one both ways with no problem. last month i did it to OR, no problem. So many stores up here that carry it it takes about 5 mins to pick up if you don't wanna pack it.

i just flew to Wyoming and back to ak with fuel in the jet boil and a big back up one both ways with no problem. last month i did it to OR, no problem. So many stores up here that carry it it takes about 5 mins to pick up if you don't wanna pack it.

Did you disclose to the airline that you had the fuel with you?

If flying into Anchorage you could go to Barney's , sportsman's. Warehouse,

nope never do.

Please stop.

Improperly packaged and labeled hazmat caused the crash of ValuJet flight 592, hazmat that if properly packaged would not have been allowed on the aircraft.

I've read a post like this from you before. Stop telling people to willfully break the law.

The stuff is easy to find, just buy it at your destination.

I have no time to pick up any fuel with my plane schedule.I have a guy in Fairbanks that can ship to my transporter for me ahead of time.That shipper just wont take jetboil fuel but will take the others.Minnesota hunter,you never had any problems with any of those fuels??Guess I'll have him pick up 2 different brands and hope it works out.I'll test some here first
thanks!!

Yes larry I would hope there is fuel in stock right now but this thing called hunting season starts and it sells out. Weird concept....

Yes larry I would hope there is fuel in stock right now but this thing called hunting season starts and it sells out. Weird concept....

Here's an even weirder concept... buy some of the other brands and try them with your stove before you go.

I haven't had any issues with mine and various fuels.

Doubt that the canisters will sell out. In the 6 hunting season I've been here its never been an issue. If you're that worried about it, bring a white gas stove, or another stove that will burn any of the canister gas.

Everyone was sold out when we hunted out of fairbanks
Called all over glad I had my white gas stove...

Since I'm standing in rei, primus and jetboil appear to be from the same plant and mfg process. Giga and msr are different mfg process for the cans, and all four are from Korea.

Everyone was sold out when we hunted out of fairbanks
Called all over glad I had my white gas stove...

White gas stove is probably your best option if your not willing to brake commercial airline rules. In all reality you can't fly in with your transporter with fuel anyways because the same rules apply to them as they do on the big airlines. White gas stove and gas from the plane will get you by.

Camp fires always worked for the cave man. Try that and your pack will be lighter to boot and you won't have to brake any rules.

Good point Larry That is the reason I use a white box stove and burn the yellow bottles of heat in it. Every gas station carry's it

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back