stories of the hunt

mdcrossbow

Last Saturday morning;
Jake and I get in about 30 minutes before light, No birds were gobbling all morning. Then I see two hen's making there way across the field about 100 yrds out. then the tom follows I called a few times and a few times he raised his tail feathers but heck would you leave to hot bab's right in front of you ? LOL

So now it about 10:30 AM about time for him to come looking for the earlier hen who called to him to leave his Hot Chicks. I get a gobble and Jacob and I make a dash for the lower field and get ready. Then a BIG SCREW UP ! These to old black guys who are supposed to ask permission to fish the pond we were set up next too came down to the pond by way of the field the tom was in. I was pissed but said nothing the deed was done. They even had to pass my van to enter the field. So Jake and I headed to town to watch a movie and I picked up a nice job of period furniture to restore down that way. Got a few pic's of a new philly and a good size rub. The rub is in an area I did hunt last year because I placed a stand near it last spring and decided to not hunt he area for a year.

Friday morning I'll be leaving at 3 AM for Va to get a hunt in. I have to pick up Jake for the weekend so instead of driving down to Va leaving at 9:30 arriving at 12 noon I can arrive at 5 AM get a good morning of hunting in. I think I have the Toms # now . I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back