Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Stop grinding shanks

What kind of brine did you use? I've always thought about doing some smoked elk hocks, and that looks delicious. I'm gonna do it this year.
Did a wet brine of equal parts kosher salt and sugar, a bunch of onions, garlic and pepper. I believe I did a 10 day brine, not worried about saltiness considering I would be braising the shanks before pulling the meat.

I don’t recall exact amounts of ingredients, but a wet brine is pretty dummy proof, basically as much salt and sugar as a simmering pot of water will take.

what is the meningeal lining?never heard of it.would like to hear about states with "bone" rule..so far i have not found bone rule yet?just brain tissue and spinal column and of course the back bone that spinal column runs thru.which states specify"cleaned skull cap",,would be good for all of us to know.

ive been checked in wyoming before once,and idaho once during transport back to oregon and so far both stops,they told me excellent job on my carcass prep and tagging and proof of sex,,they didnt say anything about bone in leg quarters.they were impressed with my freezer set up for multi state hunt travel.that was a few years back though.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back