Stone Glacier and Other Packs

I've been researching packs all winter and been reading a bunch of posts on them. At one time I was sold on mystery ranch then started looking really are at stone glacier. I got a chance to stop in Bozeman and look at them in person today. All I can say is wow. Super light weight and very adjustable to fit your body. They had a 50 sand bag to walk around the store with and it was super comfortable with a load. I'm glad I looked in person because I was gonna get the approach but after seeing how small it was im thinking I'm gonna go with the solo. I will definetly have a stone glacier on my back this hunting season.

I have an upcoming dall sheep hunt. By the reviews my top choices were Stone Glacier and Kifaru. I skimmed through the posts and didn't see much mention of kifaru? I never really had interest in Kifaru due to the price and the old models tended to be fairly heavy. Kifaru is still expensive buy they have lighter weight options that can still pack 100+ lb loads. Another nice thing about Kifaru is once you buy a bikini or duplex frame you can add any of the bags to the frames. There are a lot of great bag options.

From the reviews I've read Kifaru belts are more comfortable than Stone Glacier but Stone Glacier bags are fairly light weight. When I saw how much MR packs weigh it was an easy choice to look elsewhere. I bought 2 Kifaru packs.

Back