Stock choices

Saving some ounces would be nice. I don’t normally care but this gun is not light. It’s a .270 Win
Definitely worth going McMillan in their hunters edge pattern if 22” barrel on the 270. 24” might put balance a little far forward depending on what optics you have on it

Red hawk rifles has 10% off hs precision. I had it three days after I ordered it.

I have a Mc Millan edge classic on my 700 xcr2 in 270. It was a lot of money but I was never completely satisfied with any stock on any rifle I ever owned until the edge. It was worth the money to me. I can certainly understand why someone would not spend that on a stock.

I have a Mc Millan edge classic on my 700 xcr2 in 270. It was a lot of money but I was never completely satisfied with any stock on any rifle I ever owned until the edge. It was worth the money to me. I can certainly understand why someone would not spend that on a stock.
The edge has a superior carry to accuracy ratio for the calibers it's recommended for. I can't say enough for it's performance/comfort/ergonomics on a 7 Supa Mash.

While McMillan is an excellent stock it is fairly expensive. HS Precision stocks are very good, much better than the factory stick. The B&C stock is a very good value, and really quite a good stock. Houge stocks are inexpensive and popular, but I do not like them.

If you are deciding based upon just weight alone your decision should be easy, but usually other factors (cost, availabiliity, etc.) come into play. I would not shy away from buying the HSP or B&C just based on weight and internet opinions. They are very good stocks. I buy some stocks from Stocky's Stocks. I like Stocky's, but find that I can buy them for less and get more options by buying directly from the manufacturer.

Definitely worth going McMillan in their hunters edge pattern if 22” barrel on the 270. 24” might put balance a little far forward depending on what optics you have on it
I believe it has a 24”. Will have to check when I get home.
With a Leupold VX-5 3-15 and Talley low rings.

While McMillan is an excellent stock it is fairly expensive. HS Precision stocks are very good, much better than the factory stick. The B&C stock is a very good value, and really quite a good stock. Houge stocks are inexpensive and popular, but I do not like them.

If you are deciding based upon just weight alone your decision should be easy, but usually other factors (cost, availabiliity, etc.) come into play. I would not shy away from buying the HSP or B&C just based on weight and internet opinions. They are very good stocks. I buy some stocks from Stocky's Stocks. I like Stocky's, but find that I can buy them for less and get more options by buying directly from the manufacturer.
Bell and Carlson has a different angle on the grip that is very uncomfortable imo. At least on the rem 700 stocks.

I love my McMillan game scout for my Tikka T3x. Looks really sharp with my stainless rec'r and barrel. Dropped in perfectly.
MOLDED-IN, MARBLE, 50%-BLACK, 25%- OLIVE & 25%-MED GRAY

Back