Stock choices

MTorWY

So I pulled the trigger on a used Winchester Model 70 classic stainless. The gun seems to be a shooter, but the standard stock is a POS and definitely sends fliers if I get some flex into it.

I’ve been looking at McMillan, HS Precision, and Hogue stocks for it. Anybody have any experience in multiple of these?

I’d like to try some other options, but being a Model 70 rather than a 700 definitely limits my options.

Thanks!

I put the Bell and Carlson Sporter stock on my Winchester Black Shadow. Think the B&C stock was a bit heavier, but it was substantially stiffer, very solid.

McMillan would be my choice as well. I have a McMillan hunter on my m70 6.5SAUM and love it.

Hardest part for me is picking out which color I want to do next for gun I'm putting together for the boys.
Definitely agree with this! Depends on the rifle and build also.
I think my next McMillan will be a Mcwoody.

Have had all four. B&C is a decent value option. H&S is great but on the heavy side. MacMillian is a top-shelf choice if you are willing to spend the money and wait the time to get one. I would buy all three of these again. The Hogue I had was heavy and oddly "rubbery" in texture - I sold it and I would not buy again.

Well, what is it?
Browning .243 micro got a deal on it with a beat up walnut stock. It shoots though might put the mcmillan on and cerakote it. Then it'll be new to them when the time is right. Those little Browning micrs are accurate/handy little guns. Got one in .204 I love that thing. Was perfect truck/tractor gun for coyotes back in the day

If wanting to save ounces I’d skip the hs and the hogue. Both are boat anchors. McMillan edge fill is what I’d do depending on cartridge

If wanting to save ounces I’d skip the hs and the hogue. Both are boat anchors. McMillan edge fill is what I’d do depending on cartridge
Saving some ounces would be nice. I don’t normally care but this gun is not light. It’s a .270 Win

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back